Bridgestone RE002, are these new tyres?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
They have been around for over a year.

i don't recall anyone on here running them though.

chrex

Advanced Member
As cali said - been on sale for a while. I'd say they mighh be better in the wet than the RE070's but doubt they'd be anywhere near as good in the dry.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'm quite tempted to go for the Advan AD08's, look a better tyre but they're more expensive than the Bridgestone.

For those who go for the Yoko's, do you get them 215/45/17 size or wider?

donkeykong

Advanced Member
225 45 on a 8'5 rim. Re070 are the the only bridgestones i would buy :)
Type r needs semi slicks trust me!

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
So ive been running the BridgeStone RE002s for a week now.

I havent had the chance to put them to the test, sort of wearing them in so to speak.

Unfortunately I have an issue with one of them which I am told is called a Dominant tyre? Basically with my tracking set up spot on, if i let go of the wheel it acts as if the cars tracking is literally 6 miles out when it tries to pull me into the curb.

Of course, I dont drive with no hands on the wheel but I am sure you would all agree its a test for testing your tracking.

When they were first put on it pulled horribly to the left when putting foot down and made it difficult to drive as it affected it badly.
I swapped the front drivers wheel with the passenger rear wheel. No longer does so forcefully, so I can drive it, it doesnt pull when I put my foot down but does when i let go of the wheel.

Ive heard this happen on other makes of tyres but thought id mentin it

donkeykong

Advanced Member
The most interesting thing to know is caster, its not listed. Quite big difference in camber actually left side has more camber then right front and back. You call that spot on? Haha

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I dont actually know what caster is?

Haha ok well thats what they told me. Didnt think the camber was that far out?

I assume the camber could be part of the issue?

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Well could be, will pull to the more postive camber side. Mostly caster is causing these things, but since castor is not adjustable on dc5 might be somthing bent or damaged.

chrex

Advanced Member
castor is the angle between the top and bottom of the suspension basicly. From the strut top to the ball joint. The Dc5 runs a fair bit as standard from what I remember and all it basicly does is increase camber actively through a bend. As you increase castor to a point it makes the car turn in better and gives a more positive feel through the corner as camber actively increases through the bend. This means you can run less camber on the front which enables more grip in a straight line.

The camber needs to be equal both sides though, and this may explain your dodgy handling. i would check the bushes and arms, and if all is well...get some alignment products to get it sorted.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Thanks all for the information

It doesnt explain why it suddenly got dramaically worse with new tyres though?