Bridgestone RE050A, RE070 and F1 Asymetrical

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Its boring having to read aniother tyre thread.

However, i really need hlp, i have to order 4 new tyres tomorrow.

I have limited my choice to RE050A, which i currently have fitted, RE070 which i would like to fit, but concerned about themm being 225 only and not looking right. I also think the F1 asymetricals might be good.

Any useful thoughts from people who are using them. I'm not bothered about the £20 difference per corner.............

dave c

400hp K20
I would (and did) go for RE070's i'll be buying them next when i need to replace also.

Good turn in, good feel, excellent grip (wet and dry), the wear is fine too

Bit noisey on the road and not as neat on the rim as a 215 would be but not bad at all, ill find some pics for you of them fitted.

Only other downside might be the temp at the moment, little cold for the tyre tbh but i dont think anyone is going to be pushing it too hard in the ice anyway.

come the summer you will never look back

EDIT: some pics as promised in this thread...
http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22041&highlight=gunk

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Thanks for the pics, i couldn't see the rims very well, but they look ok. I think there are desgned for 7.5 rims. What diference does 1/2 inch make?

I found them at about £100 per corner. TGM will be fitting them so no chance of a srew up by some dodgy tyre fitter.

Any chance you could get some better pics of the rims? I know if freezing outside. I dont think any Bridgestones like the cold, 50A not great at the moment, spinning in 3rd!