Bridgestone RE070s

VTeCMonKeY

Advanced Member
Now I'm very conscious that when we spend money on things we almost convince ourselves of an increase in performance etc... However, if I'm not mistaken these tyres are seriously grippy :shock:

Even in this weather, the difference (if i'm not imagining it) to my old T1Rs is phenomenal!

So yeah, just bigging up what I think is a superb set of shoes ;)

sinbad

Advanced Member
Tyres are always developing and these are no exception,The Bridgestones aree almost 10years newer in design and development to the T1R so they should be better.
But yeah heard good things about the RE070.

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
The T1-R is a nice tyre, we've got them on our other car Mazda MX-5 Mk3 and it suits that car well with the softer sidewalls but you do notice the ultimate lack of grip compared to newer designs but they are a very nice progressive tyre in terms of grip loss.

When they wear out i'll be looking for something a bit more modern.

Grov

Banned
Might look at these when my Eagle F1's go. Do they only come in 225/45/17? Does it make any difference to 215?

Stoo

Whining.....
Grov said:
Might look at these when my Eagle F1's go. Do they only come in 225/45/17? Does it make any difference to 215?
Yep, 225 only AFAIK, Scooby fitment

Only prob you may encounter is if your lowered, with rubing due to the extra width.

Grov

Banned
Thanks Stoo, should be ok it's not lowered that much. It'll be a while anyways, ive got 6mm tread all round.

What are the OEM tyres?

Stoo

Whining.....
Grov said:
Thanks Stoo, should be ok it's not lowered that much. It'll be a while anyways, ive got 6mm tread all round.

What are the OEM tyres?
215/45/17 potenza re040 or RE050 I believe.

Grov

Banned
Ah, that makes sense, i was thinking it was the 70's, which didn't make sense not having them in 215.

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Stoo said:
Grov said:

What are the OEM tyres?
215/45/17 potenza re040 or RE050 I believe.
The standard JDM fitment are the RE040 215/45/17, however, these are so very different from the EU version of the tyre. The japanese market has its own tyre numbering system, the side walls are so much stiff, they say 88 but they are 96 in EU speak and the EU ones are 88. Therefore the sidewalls are a lot softer on teh ones from teh UK and feel horrible in comparison. The construction of the tyre is also very different. I spoke at some length to Bridgestone's technical department about the JDM and UKDM tyres.

Anyway RE070s are just mental, serious grip and good wear as well. Best tyres i had on the car. I also tried RE050's and 50As no where near as good as the 70s.

Hoti

Advanced Member
I fitted these to my motor yesterday onto OEM rims and shes lowered on eibach coil-overs aswell , no rubbing at all. Jaw dropping tyres seriously amazing!