Bridgestone RE070's

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Im wondering if anyone can help me, im looking at getting so RE070's for my next tyre and i need 225/45/R17's to fit my rota fighters, but im worried they may scrub on the arches, is anyone running this size tyre with eibach pro kit lowering springs and having any problems?

cheers

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I don't have an answer for you but I think the amount of negative camber you're running and offset of the wheel should be taken into account too.

tico_87

Advanced Member
I have those and had to get my rear arches sorted to be able to fit them BUT only when I changed alloys to 7.5j et45/48 (can't remember which now lol) on standard alloys they fit with no issues.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I'm assuming your wheels are 17x7.5 et45, with the RE070 (225 only) and lowered suspension with sensible camber (i.e negative 1-1.5) on the back I think you will be catching the arches under compression (i.e heavy cornering, bit dips in road or passengers in the back).

A slight arch roll will sort it out perfectly.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
You will have no issues on the front of your car. I am using them on the front wheels on an 8.5 +42 rims and they dont rub. I have spoon lowering springs

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
I'm running standard wheels with 225/45.17 RE70's with Eibach springs and a FRSU

No issues for the past year.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Yeah they are 7.5j with an et45 offset I think! I haven't got any camber arms it's just lowered so by the looks of it if I want to run these tyres I will need to get the arches rolled! Bit worried about the paint cracking though :/

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
If they are only 7.5 wide you should be fine. Mine are 8" wide et45 and they fit however my rears are rolled but with 7.5" they would'nt scrub

Indi

Advanced Member
They should be fine as I have Eibach Pro kit, Rota GTR's 17x7.5 wheels and Bridgestone RE070 tyres that I had fitted just before parking it up for the winter, I didn't experienced any scrubbing xthumbup.