bridgestones or toyo's?

glenn3

I need a set of tyres and I have wittled it down to either Bridgestone's
RE 050 or Toyo's T1R.

They are both coming in at roughly £100ish so...

Which would you choose?

Also the bridgestones come with about 3 different models, GZ, EZ MZ.
does anyone know what model I should be going for??

matt b

Advanced Member
Iv gone for T1-R's for £77 each 8)

Some people slate them but im more than happy!

linzi94

Advanced Member
this is an easy one for me, bridgestones win hands down, ive never had more scarey moments in all my life since i had toyos fitted!

i find them noisey, and slidey and will be changing back to re040s once ive wrecked these at the weekend on the 1/4.

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Bridgestones all the way (although you need to get the right ones :wink: ). RE010's or RE050's are prob best if you want some wet weather grip!! :lol: (shame we can't get S02's) :roll:
Had GY F1's & Toyo T1-S's on my DC2, but preferred my m8's DC2 on SO2's. I tried Toyo's T1-R's on my DC5, and driven one on Dunlop Sport Maxx, and I much prefer the stiffer side walled Bridgestone's. The main thing I found was the difference in steering feel, and how the car reacts as you approach it's limits.

Jayk

Advanced Member
Julian at RareRims.Co.uk from ITR-DC2 will sort you out with a Set of Yoko Prada Spec 2'S for around £70 per corner i think ;) Tell him i sent you!

Otherwise id go for the Bridgstones. Well i wouldnt id call Julian and get the Yokos :D

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Which RE050 tho is the question, im looking at new tyres too and cant decide between regular or Assymetric ones.

The RE050A's are cheaper and sem to have better reviews which to go for????

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
The asymmetric tread patterns are supposed to be better at displacing water. Since I am in the West Central Scotland, that is a major consideration!! :lol: so I have the RE050A's on one set of wheels, and can't complain about them.

glenn3

I listened to the majority vote and I have ordered a set of RE 050A's.

So I will let you know what I think of them next week.

Cheers lads.