Broken Electric Window! Help Please?

redcap

Advanced Member
Has anyone else had their electric window mechanism break? Mine went on the way to work today, put it on auto down, heard a crunch and then it came back up a bit now the window doesn't go up or down.

I have removed the door card but it is hard to see what components attach the motor to the window. The AA man had a look at it and he says the cable has snapped. Can anyone tell me what the parts I am likely to need are? Part numbers? Are they universal or specific to the DC5? I'm going to give Honda a call tomorrow but i'm trying to get a head start if possible.

Hopefully someone can help on this?

Thanks

Edit-

Found this about the regulator/mechanism assembly.

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10350-electric-window-regulatormechanism-assemblies/page__hl__%2Belectric+%2Bwindow__fromsearch__1

Have to say i'm shocked by this reply if this is what i'm going to have to buy?

The correct regulator can be ordered, priced @ £148.48 plus vat & postage

Dave J
Steels HONDA
01432 267154

larz

Advanced Member
with any luck these are standard honda parts shared amongst a couple of models. I recommend having a quick look at our good friends at clubrsx forum to see if they have any ideas.

redcap

Advanced Member
Looks like some others with the EP3 have had the same thing £200 for the assembly! Found a second hand DC5 one on eBay just hope it will be easy to fit?

Anyone else swapped one of these out?

armjoker

Advanced Member
had the same problem. driver side window motor cable cut. dont look at club rsx cos it wont work. you need parts for RHD car and rsx is LHD. dc5 has only driver side "auto" up-down button. I got second hand motor from integrasell for 60-70 dont remember exactly. If you go to honda they will charge you arm and a leg for the part only. Install it by yourself. 15 min job. Ill pos a diy link. very easy job.

Edit:

Here you go.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?77047-DIY-Remove-DC5-Door-trim-amp-Replace-Power-Window-regulator

redcap

Advanced Member
Thanks for the link, it's a shame he stopped the how to guide at the point where some more specific info would be useful.

So am I right in thinking that it's just a case of undoing 3 bolts, remove the old assembly, replace it and bolt it in?

Got a second hand assembly off eBay, just gotta fit it, i hope it's as easy as you say.

MadMaxCTR

Advanced Member
I've also had issues with my drivers door window.

I bought a replacement window motor unit and the control box off IntegraStella but in the end found i wire that had broken through. Bit of electric tape later its allo sorted.

If you want to replace the whole motor unit i've still got the one i bought from Integra Stella. Comes with all the wires etc.

redcap

Advanced Member
All sorted now, fitted a second hand regulator assembly, took pics of the process so I'll put together a how to some time soon.