Broken heart......

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Best way to repair bumper that has popped off due to rear impact?

Soo gutted!

Thanks for any advice guys!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

p1tse

Advanced Member
I've not taken the rear bumper off before, but if it's like the front it's quite easy and hope it pops back in fine. Any damage ?

joiner

Advanced Member
By the looks of it it's just been pushed further in under the tail light, undo the screw that goes up from the underside in the arch, thump it back towards the rear slightly and push it back in, it should just clip back in unless your bracket is broken which I wouldn't think it would be. It's not easy trying to explain, done it loads of times on mines, hope it helps.

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
I'm hoping its just an on off job, a little bit of trading paint but nothing dramatic, I waited round for the old couple to get back and showed them and they said not to worry about it, I buffed my paint off and they went on their merry way!

Are there clips under there or does it just snap on and off?

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
joiner said:
By the looks of it it's just been pushed further in under the tail light, undo the screw that goes up from the underside in the arch, thump it back towards the rear slightly and push it back in, it should just clip back in unless your bracket is broken which I wouldn't think it would be. It's not easy trying to explain, done it loads of times on mines, hope it helps.
Thanks man! That does kinda make sense! I wouldn't suppose you have pictures of the screws or are they quite easily accessible?

Thanks for the reply tho, it's all making me feel a little less annoyed! 😊

adamamuk

Advanced Member
Just posted in your build thread mate 👍

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

muffinman

Advanced Member
Theres one screw that bolts up into the arch, other than that its just clipped into the rear light bracket

How annoying!

joiner

Advanced Member
Don't have pics but you will easy see them, there's one on the edge that you will see and the other you will see if you look up from the underside. It screws through the hole in your bumper which in your pics looks to have been ripped out up into a plastic grommet in your rear wing. Don't worry about the hole being ripped out, it's quite common on the front and rear bumpers to be like this but the screw has a large washer on it and can grip it enough and the clips of the bracket do the rest. If you pm me your Number I can send you pics

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Theres one bolt/ screw that goes through right at the very end, and i can see the loop where it should go through no longer exists unfortunately. You've ripped it alout and snapped the loop on your bumper unfortunately. Could plastic weld and re drill a hole to give maximum strength back again. Or you might be lucky and it might just bite on whats left of that area on the bumper.

If you remove that screw it should just clip back in place, tje mountingbholes for the clip still look intact.

Hope this helps. Search rsx rear bumper removal and you'll see several vids on how to take it off. Its easy peasy.

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
You guys are all stars!

Thanks so much for the quick replies, feel a little less sick now lol

I will post up progress tommorow and fingers crossed it will all be sorted!

Side note, I have always hated minis and this has not helped! (However it wasn't a hate crime honest!)

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I opened this thread with my eyes closed!

Looks like what other guys are saying and it has just popped off. I can see that the little tab at the end has snapped but that shouldn't stop the screw from creating enough friction to hold the bumper in. Worse case is the bumper bracket has snapped but they are easy and cheap enough to replace.

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Hey guys!

So after spending 5 hours painting my mates civic fd finally got round to sorting this out and it was exactly as you all said, took it off, bent the bracket under the wheel arch back into place and popped her back on, no damage and it looks as good as ever, so relieved!

Thanks for all your help!!