Btcc manifold

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Something great happened on Friday. I bought a manifold for much cheaps. As far as I know, it was built for the Team Dynamics dc5's by Neil Brown Engineering.

It's extremely light, and I think made from thin wall stainless.

I haven't test fitted it yet, so i have no idea if it's even possible to get it bolted up with stock subframe, engine mount, engine height and tunnel.

Does anyone have any links for articles on the btcc dc5's, preferably from somewhere like racecar engineering magazine.

Photos because mmmmm:

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Looks fast flowing and straight through so it'll sound BIG. Hope you can get it fitted

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Sam.

Ahhh this one, if it is the one I think it is the rear engine mount is going to need quite a bit of modification.

Sam.

I reckon it is.

"A primary Designs 4/2 into 1 -3" Exhaust manifold that needs a modified engine mount to use, we put this in an exhaust tunnel on a customers DC5 ,ive a centre section and rear box needing repairs and refilling as well ,will not fit a std car without lots of buggering around ! £750 the lot"

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Samuel, that first link doesn't work properly.

I'll definitely get this fitted, either I'll get the cardboard and mig out, or I'll speak to NBE and see if they've got any rear mounts to sell.

Funny there's a similar system on touring car spares at the moment. That isn't the one I bought, btw.

I bought mine from a dc5 wizard who was the chief mechanic (I think) for a privateer team who ran the dynamics cars after they were sold. He told me to check in every so often to see if he's uncovered any more parts at 'the farm' as he called it. I am excite.

Also got a btcc cat from a few years before that I'll get made in to the exhaust system.

If I don't smash my car into ten thousand peices this weekend, I'll test fit it next week and see where to go from thur. Might even need to make a progress thread at this rate. Probabaly won't though.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Rather than babbling in an ARB thread, lets discuss (politely argue) in here instead.

Measurements of the manifold are:

Port size is oval and 37x42mm.

Primaries have an ID of 46mm, and 1:500, 2:524, 3:525 and 4:534mm lengths. The lengths are crudely measured with a piece of packing strap put through the centre and pulled tight, so not exactly accurate as it would be taking the path of least resistance. Even my measuring devices take the racing line y0. Primary 1 has the most bends, so the most to 'save' by taking the 'racing line y0'. I'm happy to say they're pretty much equal length.

Secondaries merge to an ID of 57mm and from the point where the primary ends inside the slip joint, to where it merges, is 200mm. Does that make the primary length on number one, 725? Or is the primary measurement to the beginning of the merge?

I didn't measure the ID 57mm piece, but from photos it looks a little less than 200.

The merge length of the final collector is also 200mm, going into a the start of the exhaust, which is 73mm.

Have I explained this properly?

Kevin85

Advanced Member
For reference, this is an apparently very good manifold for K20's when they're strapped into a Lotus. The primaries are much longer than anything we get, from what I've seen anyway.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
It has only been test fit so far. When it does get fit for good, it will require a custom front anti roll bar. I will also have to have an exhaust built and be mapped at the same time. I'm currently very happy with the straight line speed, so I'm concentrating on tweaking other areas of the car. It's going to cost several zero's to have all of the work carried out in one hit, so it's a future modification. When I want more speed, it will happen. :)

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I have, but that would require core drilling the chassis and still needing a custom bar. There is enough space to run a bar from mount to mount, straight across the tunnel, instead of going over it.