Buckled Alloy

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi all,

My car came with loads of spares, over the last year I have brought more and more and more and currently have 10 OEM alloys here, 4 x on the car with RE040's on them in CW, 4 x Black ones I have refurbished myself and painted which are my track ones and just had 225/45/17 AD08R's fitted to them and two (the bad looking ones of the bunch) still in CW but untouched since I got them.

A mate has just checked them for me to see if they are straight and one he said although looks bad is one of the best he has seen and it is better than some new alloys he has in, whereas the other is buckled. It has a 7.5mm movement, does anyone know much about this and if that could be repaired? He does not do repairs etc at work so said I could take it to a local company but before potentially wasting my time and money was wondering if anyone has ever had similar or knows whether it could be saved?

The idea of these two wheels was to have them with me at track days just in case and for use to drive home etc if needed, one will be in the boot as a spare to remove the space saver at all times.

Thanks

Carl

nails

Advanced Member
I have had two wheels "straightened" on my current car, was £30 a wheel. If they can't do it they will tell you and not even attempt it. You might as well take it to a local place that does it and see they say :)

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I have had two wheels "straightened" on my current car, was £30 a wheel. If they can't do it they will tell you and not even attempt it. You might as well take it to a local place that does it and see they say :)
Will do them cheers mate, it's only a spare spare so to speak for emergency use, even if I just put the car on it whilst another's getting a new tyre or wheels being refurbished and so on.

nails

Advanced Member
The words were of the guy that did mine was "you will never get them 100% perfect but I can usually get them to within 1 or 2mm" which indicates to me 7.5mm is quite a lot so you would probably feel it when on the car.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
nails said:
The words were of the guy that did mine was "you will never get them 100% perfect but I can usually get them to within 1 or 2mm" which indicates to me 7.5mm is quite a lot so you would probably feel it when on the car.
Ok mate thanks for that, if it's too bad then I will just leave it and referb it as an ornament for a future garage wall lol