Buddy Club Shifter Repair and Install.

Brockstar89

Advanced Member
Recently I bought a Buddy Club Short Shifter for spares and repairs from Wingnutz :)

So naturally I decided to repair it :D

I started by stripping it apart.

Then I took the problem part to a friend of mine who
literally made an exact copy (but slightly bigger diameter) in minutes (guy is a genius)

Old one on the left new one on the right.

Old part in the holder to show the wear on it.

The new part is much more snug in the holder.

OEM Shifter with Tegiwa Short Shift Kit

The Buddy Club and OEM next to each other.

Buddy Club fitted and working beautifully

Feels much tighter than the OEM/Tegiwa Shifter.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Fantastic work bud, good to see you repaired it.

Word of advise though, meant to mention it when you originally bought it but either put a dab of thread lock on the nut or change it for a nylock nut.

I had it back off on me once, bit an o poop moment when you go to select a gear and there are none.

Brockstar89

Advanced Member
Wingnuttzz said:
Fantastic work bud, good to see you repaired it.

Word of advise though, meant to mention it when you originally bought it but either put a dab of thread lock on the nut or change it for a nylock nut.

I had it back off on me once, bit an o poop moment when you go to select a gear and there are none.
Sweet. Thanks for that :D Glad you let me know that before it happened lol.

I am going to try and get a shoulder bolt for it so the treads dont rub on the eyelet on the cable.

Brockstar89

Advanced Member
Bally_Jdm said:
How would you compare it? I've still got mine sat in my Garage.. 10months old :O
I would fit it if I was you :) just feels tighter between the gears there is definitely a noticeable difference between BC and OEM/tegiwa :D

Stuarty

Advanced Member
Just bought one of these today, I love it but the same nylon bush is worn and I've got about 5-10mm free play side to side movement in the gear stick.

Are you still able to get hold of they bushes?

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Brockstar can your mate make up anymore of these bushes? Would be very interested in some please.

Adam

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
And me too, I've got a worn one in the shed also which I'd like to repair and fit once again

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Ah, am I thinking that these bushes are not for the OEM module? I could do with some for mine that's all.

Brockstar89

Advanced Member
I have just been informed of the chat on this thread. Well I am off to Chicago on Wednesday for a week but when I am back i will definitely have a look at trying to make a few more of these for you guys.

I will keep in touch. If people can put a list of who needs one and how many ok?

Thanks Paul

Stuarty

Advanced Member
Legend! Cheers Paul.

Since they're prone to wear I'll take 3 off you.

Stuarty - 3 bushes

p1tse

Advanced Member
Stuarty said:
Just to add to this..... Tegiwa are now supplying the K Tuned shifter pivot ball and spring. I have just ordered it up so will confirm if it fits the Buddy Club shifter. I suspect it will.

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car/honda/dc5/drivetrain/k-tuned-shifter-pivot-ball-and-spring.html
That looks interesting

I've had limited use out of the dc5 since purchase last week but will be my daily going forward

Although gearbox is good I did find the looseness of it, ie the looseness of movement when in gear side to side movement and the spring back to neutral being lighter. Looks like the above link may improve this?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
What's this Tegiwa short shifter like, worth £50 as a short term solution before buying a Hybrid Racing or K Tuned shifter?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
What's this Tegiwa short shifter like, worth £50 as a short term solution before buying a Hybrid Racing or K Tuned shifter?
The short shifter will have no effect on a sloppy feel to your gearshift. All it does is lift cables which inturn will shorten the throw... Not tighten up the moving parts of a worn plastic shifter unit. If that makes sense? This should be the cure you are after if you have a "sloppy feel"...that or you are in need of some gearbox work. Hopefully the first though as thats where most of the wear and tear would be under hand. :)