Buddy club short shifter

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Does anyone reccomend a buddy club shortshifter? does it make the gear throws a lot shorter? or is it not much different from oem? and are the easy to fit?

cheers

jay82

Advanced Member
Does anyone reccomend a buddy club shortshifter? does it make the gear throws a lot shorter? or is it not much different from oem? and are the easy to fit?

cheers
i did have one in my car but the b&m shifter has alot better feel to it

firthy22

Advanced Member
Try the Tegiwa short shifter, much cheaper and easier to fit. Don't know about the other two but the Tegiwa reduces the throw and really tightens up the gear changes.

Hoodster

Advanced Member
I think you will find a split opinion on the quality of buddy club kit on here a few have had issues with build quality how ever I'm not one of them I have a buddy club short shifter and have had it on the car for a while now with no problems and unlike other short shifters the buddy club shortens the throw from side to side not just backwards and forwards.

firthy22

Advanced Member
I think you will find a split opinion on the quality of buddy club kit on here a few have had issues with build quality how ever I'm not one of them I have a buddy club short shifter and have had it on the car for a while now with no problems and unlike other short shifters the buddy club shortens the throw from side to side not just backwards and forwards.
Tegiwa shortens side to side as well, it basically does the same but is cheaper and easier to fit, just extends the oem with billet pieces.

Stylesa

Advanced Member
I have the buddy club shifter, no problems at all. Would definitely recommend.

Stoo

Whining.....
You dont have to drill anything to fit the buddyclub though....

I have had the buddyclub shifter on 3 of my cars and love it..

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Thanks for the response guys, i think i will probably go with the buddyclub for now and see how i get on. :D

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Im getting one of these Friday the girlfriend is buying it for me as a birthday present :)

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
I have ordered one of these so i will see how i get on, should be here friday so ill fit it saturday.

cpoh

Advanced Member
I have ordered one of these so i will see how i get on, should be here friday so ill fit it saturday.
You should have done a search on here before making your purchase! I had one on my dc2 and it failed within the year. Another foum member had theirs fail on his dc5 and worst thing was he got no satisfaction from buddyclub uk whose aftersales service in my book is poor. There's a reason they are not an approved trader on here.

Stoo

Whining.....
You should have done a search on here before making your purchase! I had one on my dc2 and it failed within the year. Another foum member had theirs fail on his dc5 and worst thing was he got no satisfaction from buddyclub uk whose aftersales service in my book is poor. There's a reason they are not an approved trader on here.
As stated in a similar thread.
There are a few examples of bad ones, like any other piece of kit from A.Nother manufacturer.
A few bad ones doesnt mean its a bad item.

Some people have had bad experiences with BC UK, but that's another thread as well.

Oh and Buddy Club UK, Paul Hughes, Registered Trader on here..........

cpoh

Advanced Member
As stated in a similar thread.
There are a few examples of bad ones, like any other piece of kit from A.Nother manufacturer.
A few bad ones doesnt mean its a bad item.

Some people have had bad experiences with BC UK, but that's another thread as well.

Oh and Buddy Club UK, Paul Hughes, Registered Trader on here..........
They guy was looking for info on the BC short shifter. I had one in my dc2 and it failed soon after it was installed. Another poster on here had one fail on him in his DC5 and BC uk were fornicate all help when he went to them about it. He might aswell have bought a cheap knockoff from ebay such was the level of comeback from Paul Hughes, he basically told him to urine off. Now parts can and do fail, no product is perfect but when it does you would hope that there is a level of protection buying from an established trader especially when they are on the site themselves hawking stuff and biggin up their product at every opportunity.

Looking at the new traders area of the for sale section I cant see any mention of BuddyClub or Paul Hughes.

firthy22

Advanced Member
Like everything else there will always be good and bad experiences with aftermarket products.

All I can say is that the Tegiwa product does the same thing for a third of the cost and is easier to fit, if you can manage to drill a hole, and unlike the BC there is very little chance of it breaking or being faulty if fitted correctly.

But each to their own, you pay your money and you take your chance.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
I've got a Tegiwa Short Shifter coming tomorrow.

Was supposed to be going for the Buddyclub one but changed my mind not because of the quality as every product ever produced has Issues with a certain amount, but more because of Buddyclub uk and the way they handled a complaint about the shifter my Girlfriend had ordered me for Friday which never turned up.

shaun1

Like everything else there will always be good and bad experiences with aftermarket products.

All I can say is that the Tegiwa product does the same thing for a third of the cost and is easier to fit, if you can manage to drill a hole, and unlike the BC there is very little chance of it breaking or being faulty if fitted correctly.

But each to their own, you pay your money and you take your chance.

hi just bought the tegiwa short shift kit.

is ut a easy install?
cheers

firthy22

Advanced Member
hi just bought the tegiwa short shift kit.

is ut a easy install?
cheers
Pretty simple, hardest bit is removing the centre console :)

Just follow this guide:

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23944-tegiwa-short-shifter-install/