Buddy Club vs M2 Seat rail

yeezy

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

Need some advice.

Is there any difference in terms of quality between the Buddy club and M2 seat rails?

I have read previously that people say that M2 quality is not as good as the buddy club and the M2 seat rail is prone to squeak through time.

The wait on buddy club seat right hand side seat rails becoming available in the UK may potentially be up to 4 months, so I am looking at alternatives seat rails around the same or close to the Buddy club retail price.

Any recommendation is appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Thank in advance

Yeezy

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
As far as I know, they're both the same. I would would not recommend the M2 rail, the quality is not a patch on a Bride rail and it make my seat sit weird and creak.

yeezy

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
As far as I know, they're both the same. I would would not recommend the M2 rail, the quality is not a patch on a Bride rail and it make my seat sit weird and creak.
Thank Chris. Your comments matches most of what people have told me. Funny thing is, when I called up buddy club UK distributor, the guy over the phone has tried to convince me that the M2 rails would be no different from the buddy club rails as he personally visited the factory where it makes both buddy club and M2 rails and all forum member chats a lot shit lol

I have a strong feeling that he has a lot of DC5 M2 rails floating around and just try to upsell me haha

Mebz

Advanced Member
I might have dreamt this up but if it's the guy I think you're talking about, I believe he owns m2.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Buddyclub, M2 and SPD seat rails are all the same. I have had all in different Type-r's and they are all a poor fit, very stiff to slide and rattle/squeak.

OMP do subframes for the EP3 at least but they generally end up with the seat being mounted way to high.

I'd be looking at getting a side mount rail from japan of some description, can't go wrong with Bride but there will be others.

Bewesy

Advanced Member
If it helps, I've just fitted a Bride MO rail and so far I have zero complaints. No less sturdy then OEM and no squeezes or rattles so far.

yeezy

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
I might have dreamt this up but if it's the guy I think you're talking about, I believe he owns m2.
Probably why he was so arrogant and defensive when I question the quality and the poor feedbacks from forum members lol

FireDance

Advanced Member
yeezy said:
Probably why he was so arrogant and defensive when I question the quality and the poor feedbacks from forum members lol
He is the same to everyone, traders too