Buddyclub N+ coilovers assembly

hondazzz

Advanced Member
anyone has pictures from buddyclub N+ coilovers ? i am trying to find out a detail shown on the top mounts.. there is a curved shaped washer.

I want to see if it should face up or down.

Search on forums ..some of them facing up some facing down..dont get it.. so anyone with pictures of untouched coilover kit..

Thank you.

hondazzz

Advanced Member
Put up a picture of the part.

sounds to me like a spring washer.

the washer that the nut goes on mate..

It faces Up... found other pics that faces down.. not really sure if it matters but i think it does. so i am trying to figure out the correct way

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
I would say it goes the other way to spread the load onto the rubber or spherical bearing that it sits on.

hondazzz

Advanced Member
I would say it goes the other way to spread the load onto the rubber or spherical bearing that it sits on.

yes i would agree but i have found pics that shows it upside down...

the pic i posted is not mine and they are new so i guess they came like that..(took it from this forum http://www.fd2-owners.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=400), there is a pic of the rear too which is not that helpfull but i think it looks up again..

also the one you posted which i already have found if you look carefully is the rear one... now why it could be differ..i have no idea.

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
The only reason i can think they are like this is to stop the top mount hiting the washer when you get an angular difference. ???

hondazzz

Advanced Member
have no idea Chris,,,it seems weird..i have seen it on other suspensions too..but dont get it..

LeeH

Advanced Member
yes i would agree but i have found pics that shows it upside down...

the pic i posted is not mine and they are new so i guess they came like that..(took it from this forum http://www.fd2-owners.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=400), there is a pic of the rear too which is not that helpfull but i think it looks up again..

also the one you posted which i already have found if you look carefully is the rear one... now why it could be differ..i have no idea.
Hey, thats my coilover!

LeeH

Advanced Member
Yep, very poor protection on them.

Should have gone for the stainless KWs i was looking at.

Great performance though.

hondazzz

Advanced Member
Yep, very poor protection on them.

Should have gone for the stainless KWs i was looking at.

Great performance though.

yes unfortunately i noticed it from pics of used ones that the are not very well protected..but since my car sees little to no rain/snow/salt...hope they can cope!

mike.williams

Advanced Member
they should be coated in copper slip or something similar when fitted to prevent corrosion,

does anybody know the how many mm of preload i should put on the springs before i fit them to the car?

paul hughes

Maybe ringing the resident forum free advice service for ALL your meerkat chitter chat will help, including why the N+ washers are sometimes upside down.... P.S. we sppeeky englishy :) 01772 299820, PAUL.
P.P.S. We lace learly good for rong year now...have many good advice for DC5 owner to make car faster on tlak and load. !!!

:lol: