Buddyclub Pro Spec Rattle

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
Hi all,

I have a BC pro spec exhaust and their is a rattle coming from the back box at about 1800-2000 rpm.
I've had the car on the ramp at work this mourning and all the exhaust rubbers are in place and the metal band is secure round the back box.

Has any else with a pro spec come across this problem?

:-k

ollydc5

Advanced Member
My old prospec had this issue just after I realised the baffle stuff had gone, my rattle was I loose bit of metal inside the back box. It was quite an old system so I brought a whole new one to replace. Paul at buddy club said they could of repaired it but I found a bargain so left it.

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
My old prospec had this issue just after I realised the baffle stuff had gone, my rattle was I loose bit of metal inside the back box. It was quite an old system so I brought a whole new one to replace. Paul at buddy club said they could of repaired it but I found a bargain so left it.

Yeah thats the sound but the baffles look intact my system is just over 2 years old!!

dotty

Advanced Member
Common fault with these, and the EP3 version. Mine went on my EP3.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Ring Paul at buddy club or check with a local garage / exhaust shop just in case its an easy fix.

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
Just a thought but being a full stainless steal system the back box should have some sort of gaurentee that lasts more than a couple of years?? can anyone on this help??

ollydc5

Advanced Member
I've looked for some info on the warranty but not found much, the guys at buddy club uk will sort you though mate and advise you the best on their products or cover.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Here's some terms and conditions

http://www.buddyclubuk.com/acatalog/info.html

paul hughes

Buddyclub will warranty the systems for 12 months, but due to the nature of the baffle material and the use they are designed for the packing can burn out if the air fuel ratio mixture of the engine is not exact, its more common on engines that have external mods but not ECU mods, but never mind because we can fix it for you if its out of warranty or even 10 years old.just call me to book it in :)