Buddyclub RBC or RRC?

b19twg

Advanced Member
This will be my next purchase before k100, which would you guys choose?

A ported RBC from buddyclub or a standard RRC?

The buddyclub one is 395 quid vs 500 quid for an RRC from tegiwa which would be the best buy?

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member
Theres very little in it on most bolt-on build dyno's i've seen.

When you say 'ported' is it just the inlet or the plenum and runners too??

b19twg

Advanced Member
This one.

http://www.japshop.co.uk/acatalog/spd_racing_rbc_modified_manifold.html

I want to go for cams eventually.

Im after a good midrange gain really.

Could you buy a standard rbc and have it flowed etc st a machine shop?

integraleo

Advanced Member
strange this should come up as i have been having a private conversation with another member on here about this very subject.Buddyclub have used a port matched RBC on thier time attack car and got figures of around 280-285bhp,they then changed the throttle body to a 70mm one and managed to up that to 305bhp.so depending on how much money you want to spend or what power figures your aiming for 305bhp using an RBC on a NA engine is pretty much all you will need

tomlin

Advanced Member
thought post up guys mines is going up for sale tonight so watch the forsale posts

blueguy

Resident J's whore
strange this should come up as i have been having a private conversation with another member on here about this very subject.Buddyclub have used a port matched RBC on thier time attack car and got figures of around 280-285bhp,they then changed the throttle body to a 70mm one and managed to up that to 305bhp.so depending on how much money you want to spend or what power figures your aiming for 305bhp using an RBC on a NA engine is pretty much all you will need
Your information is wrong and incomplete fella. However it's understandable given there are some old inaccurate posts floating around.
The 70mm port matched RBC is only on their "road"/race car that is stroked to 2.05L producing 275bhp, 190lbs-ft. Their proper time attack car (the one producing 305bhp, 210lb-ft) runs ITBs and is stroked to 2.3l.

integraleo

Advanced Member
fair comment it was an old post i read,but the fact remains that the RBC can flow very well if it is still effective at that power rating regardless of what engine mods are in place

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
For info, I'm running oem dc5 cams but port matched head and flowed RBC with 70mm TB and achieve 260hp and 180ft-lb

davidpingu

Advanced Member
My understanding is pretty limited in this area so please forgive me for the dumb questions but I'll only need to ask once!
When something is port matched I'm guessing this means where the inlet meets the head they get ground out and polished so there is an exact size match and flow is perfect. Coyote you said you had your head port matched? Do this mean you've had the inlets on the actual head smoothed out?
I only wonder because I notice a lot of the rbc manifolds are advertised as being port matched so I always thought the grinding/polishing work got done to the manifold from the factory so I was a straight line up to the standard head? Apologies again if I've got no idea. Lol

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Ok so just to add to my confusion why does that side of the manifold need to be port matched? I know that from standard they won't line up with the Oem throttle body as its normally too small but I thought that was the idea of buying a larger throttle body at the same time?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Ok so just to add to my confusion why does that side of the manifold need to be port matched? I know that from standard they won't line up with the Oem throttle body as its normally too small but I thought that was the idea of buying a larger throttle body at the same time?
the standard size is 63mm, people port match them to 70mm making them exactly the same size as a 70mm TB for increased airflow.

Porting the RBC will remove the step between the two components
7mm does not sound alot but as you can see below its actually a fair bit of surface area

davidpingu

Advanced Member

b19twg

Advanced Member
Ok so when looking in to getting an RBC I'd really need to buy new TB at the same time. The RBC seems to generally be the inlet of choice on this forum. Is there also a TB of choice or is this more a personal preference thing?

Also are these different manifolds?

http://www.japshop.c...d_manifold.html

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/honda-rbc-inlet-manifold-k20a-civic-integra-type-r-325/

Not trying to start a trader war again here by the way!
The buddyclub one on japshop is already port matched for there own 70mm throttle body, the tegiwa one isnt basically.

Same inlet one bored out one not.

I think im going to be a bit diffrent and go RRC port matched to a blox 70mm throttle body.

Does anyone know if this will be a good set up?

b19twg

Advanced Member
No worries mate :)

Is anyone on here acctually running an RRC?

Tegiwa sell them already converted to run on a DC5 because they have no IACV.