Buddyclub rca (Roll center adjusters)

hondazzz

Advanced Member
I am looking into buying a set of Buddyclub Rca, what i want from you people is reviews regarding quality/longetivity...its not a part that i would be happy if it fails...so those who have them please chime in..

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Had them on my EP3 and no complaints.

However now they have bumped the price up they seem quite expensive.

I'm tempted by the Cyberspeed ones, I imagine they are probably all made in the same place.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I've had them for 2 years and no problems yet, my local performance garage who fitted them made a point of telling me how impressed with the quality they were. I have never heard of any failures from these either.

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
Had mine in for nearly a year but only 4k miles. Seem fine so far, I paid £90 delivered for mine from Buddyclub.
Fitted mine myself, brayed the old ones out with a hammer, and carefully tapped the new ones in with a bit of soft wood and mallet! Note the DC5 ones don't have a circlip and are different from the EP3 ones.

Made a difference, hard to describe worth it if your standard ones are shot and your low.

paul hughes

I can definitely assure Wingnuts that they are not all made "in the same place", our insistence on quality is very high, e.g. Buddyclub tend to use Forged parts where OEM companies do, rather than softer billet parts. This process costs more , That's why some products are more than cheaper copies.

When it comes to Suspension, Brakes, and Steering etc. It depends what value you put on your safety.
:)

Also we sell spare parts for most products we do, so if for example you damage a small rubber boot, no probs cos we sell them separately ... same for left hand thread nuts for camber adjusters etc.etc...no other company that we know of offers such a comprehensive service :D

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Paul Hughes@Buddyclub said:
I can definitely assure Wingnuts that they are not all made "in the same place", our insistence on quality is very high, e.g. Buddyclub tend to use Forged parts where OEM companies do, rather than softer billet parts. This process costs more , That's why some products are more than cheaper copies.

When it comes to Suspension, Brakes, and Steering etc. It depends what value you put on your safety.

Also we sell spare parts for most products we do, so if for example you damage a small rubber boot, no probs cos we sell them separately ... same for left hand thread nuts for camber adjusters etc.etc...no other company that we know of offers such a comprehensive service :D
Excellent to hear, shall probably order some in the coming months :)

hondazzz

Advanced Member

Thanks for your input Paul, reason am asking for reviews is that,its a very important component that no ones want it to fail.

I have always liked Buddyclub because they raced in Dc5 so i guess they know the car good, but i have your coilovers and although spring rates etc are nice BUSH and rubber top mounts on the other hand.. I have put ~5000km(~3000 miles) on my coilovers and already needs both rear strut bush and all top mounts rubber bushes to be replaced..and i have always been avoiding potholes to avoid wears

dotty

Advanced Member

How much are they from yourselves ?

davidpingu

Advanced Member
If you look at this post again Paul, can you explain why they've increased in price so much? When I bought mine I think I paid around £100 - £110 delivered and now they seem to be more like £160? Has the part changed in some way?

I'm running them at the moment with no issues but one of the boots slipped away from its retainer I noticed one day so although resetting the boot I'm worried that the life of the part will now be reduced due to grit and dirt finding its way in.

I'm sort of expecting having to buy a new set sooner than anticipated with a lesson learnt on making sure once fitted the boots are held properly in place by the little spring/retainer type thing but I was quite shocked to see them go up in price so much?

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Just thought I'd update my observations of this part. I've been running them for nearly 2 and a half years now with no issues. They still don't knock but unfortunately the retaining clips that hold the boots in place have disappeared on both sides. I'm Not sure how long they've been like that but it's an MOT fail. I could perhaps try Paul for new clips but I think the damage will now have been done. Grit and moisture in the joint will work away at it and accelerate wear.
As my wishbone arms will be coming out shortly for new bushes I'll be swapping to J's racing RCA's at the same time, recommended personally by Tom at TGM

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I was a little worried you'd have already gone and bought them and you'd be cursing me!
Just my experience with them mate.