Buddyclub RCA

Alex.J

Advanced Member
Hey guys,

As part of my OCD I have replaced all engine mounts and suspensions bushes, arb drop links already..

Now I'm moving onto track rod ends and ball joints!

Is it worth changing to the buddyclub RCA on my dc5 that is on mugen shocks and springs?!

Thanks

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Buddyclub RCA's are only necessary on cars lowered around 30mm. Is the Mugen combo not only around 10mm?

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Personally thats what I would be recommending assuming you have no plans to lower the car further.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Be warned, oem lower ball joints only come with the hub from honda, not separate. And the ones advertising ep3/dc5 wont fit either. I looked at doing all mine just after Xmas, the only ones I didn't replace were the lower ball joints due to this reason. Got them checked at a garage and saw first hand they were fine so I was happy. I suggest leaving them unless they are actually in need of replacement. :)

There was another thread on this recently, think someone call steels honda and got quoted over £200 for one side, (ball joint and hub)

The buddy club ones will fit, however with your mugen shock you'll not need the roll centre adjusted.

Hope this helps
James

Alex.J

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Be warned, oem lower ball joints only come with the hub from honda, not separate. And the ones advertising ep3/dc5 wont fit either. I looked at doing all mine just after Xmas, the only ones I didn't replace were the lower ball joints due to this reason. Got them checked at a garage and saw first hand they were fine so I was happy. I suggest leaving them unless they are actually in need of replacement. :)

There was another thread on this recently, think someone call steels honda and got quoted over £200 for one side, (ball joint and hub)

The buddy club ones will fit, however with your mugen shock you'll not need the roll centre adjusted.

Hope this helps
James
Hi Mate,

Thanks for that, much appreciated..

In future i might mate the mugen shocks with eibach springs so will possbly going lower as the car will mainly used for track.

might be worth buyer the BC's in anticipation and then all things will be new on the suspension.

Thank you muchly!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
well....I've got Teins on mine, and Adam (gok) has Spoons on his with no RCA's on. Davidpingu has got them on his though, as does Max I do believe.

So from my point of view its perfectly acceptable without, definitely not snatchy etc, and I've driven a Teg on eibachs too... again, even better ride than mine and perfectly acceptable on standard ball joints. :xyes:

May be worth asking Davidpingu for his review on them matey :) but then, I'm pretty certain he only changed his due to the old ones being completely shot due to a hard life on track by previous owners.

Its all personal preference of course dude, do a bit of searching on here to see other reviews on them. It may well be a worthy upgrade, but mines a daily, and I couldn't justify changing them myself after reading a little more into them. I put the money towards bushes and new OEM track rod ends instead xthumbup

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I was looking into these RCA's. Not a bad price and as I'm now on the Spoon springs I'm wondering whether I need to get them.

Rom

Advanced Member
I would fit them for the geometry benefits if thats what i was after.

But 'needing' them because your car is lowered on springs i dont buy. If its on its belly on coilies yeah, i can see why. Thats not a pop at you Adam, just not something i buy into. Its very 'Honda scene' , theres endless cars out there slammed, and running standard parts. But they will suffer handling wise past a certain point of course.

Unless its so low your damaging parts, or the handlings ruined, i wouldnt worry.

That said, im certainly not knocking them, they are cheaper than buying OEM joints, and they do have benefits. So while i wouldnt change my joints for the sake of it, if i had to buy new ones, id buy these.

Alex.J

Advanced Member
Well like i said i have replaced all suspension bushes for poly bushes and engine mounts for innovative mounts and now moving onto replacing these parts.

For £150 its not stupidly expensive but lets me know my suspension is truely at its best and they are much cheaper than oem..

I am also purchasing new track rod ends too then my front suspension is all new..

Thanks

Liam

Advanced Member
Are the EP3 ball joints not the same part? My brother had his replaced with a pair of First Line branded items - old ones hammered out after a bit of heat, then the new items pressed into the hub.

FWIW, one of the boots split within a few months, but I'm putting that down to his low ride height. Buddyclub ones will be going in next time.

I've never had any problems with First Line stuff before, so may be worth a punt if they're the same as the EP3 ball joints.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Alex.J said:
Well like i said i have replaced all suspension bushes for poly bushes and engine mounts for innovative mounts and now moving onto replacing these parts.

For £150 its not stupidly expensive but lets me know my suspension is truely at its best and they are much cheaper than oem..

I am also purchasing new track rod ends too then my front suspension is all new..

Thanks
That's cool mate. I stripped all of mine down too, quite satisfying changing everything, you doing top mounts as well?? I just need to get my bushes pressed in, my be a job for the summer.

Alex.J

Advanced Member
Yeah I wanted to do top mounts but can't seem to find them anywhere mate??

Know of anywhere?!

Rom

Advanced Member
Wait for a definite answer...

But id think EP3 fit, if EP3 shocks fit a PFL DC5. It stands to reason the top mounts must be the same, or the holes wouldnt line up.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I got mine from honda, £100 for the two. Again, in theory probably the same, but unsure on roms response, check the part numbers of the two. :)

Rom

Advanced Member
Oh my bad, could tell they had been used, but assumed almost new or somehting