Buddyclub Shortshifter

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Hey lads :D

Jus thought id stick up a post bout this

I bought the shortshifter off Mossyhennebry as part of a group buy off Paul Hughes

Collected it this evening and Thanks again to Ross for getting 1 of his mates to bring it up to Wicklow for me saving me money on postage etc.

Well i hadnt a clue bout fitting it and i was a little weary of trying it as there is no instructions givin with the kit. I gave it a shot and came across no problems with fitting whatsoever i had it done in a little over an hour and i am delighted with the product, well done Buddyclub =D>

The car is totally different to drive now i cant get over it tbh, the gearbox feels so tight and precise

This has got to be the best mod i'v done with the car so far and i would highly recommend the kit to any of you's :D

If anybody is looking for one of these i no that Mossyhennebry has got 1 left and is able to sell it at a very reasonable prise due to getting 5 sent over at the one time, drop him a pm for the price

Darren.

mossyhennebry

Advanced Member
like Darren, I was a bit aprehensive about doing a DIY fit on this.

I stuck it in on Thursday night and it took me an hour, in the dark, with a torch! lol.

There are some fiddly bits involved but all in all it is pretty straight forward.

The plastic surround has to come out, the whole unit, from the cigarette lighter up front to behind the handbrake, all out. The old unit comes out, new unit goes in, and then reconnect the two cables. the hardest part is trying to release the two cables from the original housing.

Its hard to explain...but it transforms the feel of an everyday car into a street racer!

The height of the gearknob now sits slightly lower. The 'throw' from front to back (ie: 3rd to 4th etc) seems to have been reduced significantly. The distance from 1st on the left to 6th on the right has also been reduced. it feels much tighter and more precise, I am amazed that such a simple mod can transform the driving of the car so much!

I would highly recommend this as a mod for any DC5 owner. It makes you want to drive the stones out of the car!

mossyhennebry

Advanced Member
I purchased 5 from Paul Hughes who is a member on here.

If you go to traders - parts for sale - Paul has a thread there selling Buddyclub strut braces. pm him for prices.

I only have one left - and maybe Larz will buy it from me.

Its not worth me sending it back to the UK, it will end up costing the UK buyer.

Maybe a UK member will arrange a groupbuy?

Us Irish guys saved 22e per shifter.