Bug Remover

Rich3248

Advanced Member
Hey guys,

anyone know where I could buy a bug remover in a spray bottle?

Literally you should be able to keep it in your car, travel to and from work and when you get home give it a quick spray with a micro fibre cloth and wash off any bugs stuck to the front of your car. Just so they dont stain the paintwork etc...

Was looking at this > http://www.cleancar.ie/chemical-guys-hybrid-v7-spray-sealant.html

but I think its more for residual dirt.

Any recommendations would be great!

Cheers

Erm

Advanced Member
V7 is very good, its a quick detailer and spray sealant in 1.

Should be good enough to remove bugs assuming they've not baked on in the sun for hours/days/weeks although its not to be used in direct sunlight.

If you want a more versatile quick detailer I'd recommend chemical guys speed wipe instead

Rom

Advanced Member
I use Zaino Z6 for this task. But as Erm said, there are others that will do the same job.

The key to them being easy to remove, is good protection. So wax, polish, sealant, whatever you use. To stop dirt and stuff getting proper stuck on in the first place.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I've been thinking of getting the Auto Finnesse Citrus Power. Their Iron-X is very good so will order some and let you guys know. 👍

Rich3248

Advanced Member
Will the V7 do the job so?

No bug remains on my car for more than a few hours haha. Bit of a clean freak.

Erm

Advanced Member
Honestly if I were you and its specifically a bug remover you want I'd buy a bottle of this

http://www.cleancar.ie/chemicalguys-strongwashshampoo-bugstarremover.html

Dilute it down in a sprayable bottle and keep that in the car for bugs. Its cheaper, and will make much more product than a bottle of quick detail spray.

Plus what I like to do is add a capful of this to a bucket of my normal car wash shampoo if I need a harsher wash that will strip tar/bugs for a normal car wash or if the car is properly filthy. Also its handy to have in a sprayable bottle to spray arches and other bits under the car that need a more aggressive clean before agitating and then rinsing.

Be sure to dilute to a ratio that won't strip any existing wax/sealant on the paint, and if you do strip it to reapply regularly.

ste01

Advanced Member
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
I've been thinking of getting the Auto Finnesse Citrus Power. Their Iron-X is very good so will order some and let you guys know. 👍
I have citrus power, seems to work well... Rarely need it though as the insects never seem to stick anyway thanks to excessive sealant/wax :)

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Interesting thread. i was cleaning the nose of the teg today and remarked at how many bug corpses i have on the front.

I think i may get some of that Chemical Guys Strong wash shampoo. Cheers for that Erm!

ChesterJSY

I kid you not, I use baby wipes to get rid of the bugs, works a treat and quickly !

Paintwork still beads well after using it too so don't think it's taking too much polish off. Soft enough for a baby's bum, gentle enough for my teg ;)

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
ChesterJSY said:
I kid you not, I use baby wipes to get rid of the bugs, works a treat and quickly !

Paintwork still beads well after using it too so don't think it's taking too much polish off. Soft enough for a baby's bum, gentle enough for my teg ;)
Interesting and cheap aswell. Will have to give that a try, and look weird at the same time haha.