Build Quality of ITR

Paul-CTR

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know whats the fit & finish like on these Japanese made DC5s? Any rattles or squeaks? Does the car feel like it will last a long time? I have heard that the build is noticeably better then the UK made EP3s is this true?

Thanks!

gonzo

Advanced Member
Having just picked one up and taken a few things to bits already the build quality is a lot better than the ep3.

I have absolutly no rattles with mine (at the mo!)

Tarmac

Advanced Member
i have a 2001 DC5 and it is still a solid as a rock. i have no idea what the ep3 is like, but comparing the quality to two alfa romeos i owned previously (146 and 147), the dc5 build quality is superb.

T666YPR

Build quality is good but my car now has about 2-3 different trim rattles,2 clutch/gearbox noises and now 2 different rattles from the engine bay and 1 suspension clonk over the kerb into my drive :(

The sound the car makes when pressing on drowns them out though 8)

GTITR

I get that "clonk" noise when the suspension is cold, but it goes away when the car warms up. I've had it since I got the car, 6k miles on the clock, now it's got 28k and it's not got any worse. Oh and the clutch make a slight "humming" noises when very cold if you slip it a bit, but I've heard much worse on 22B's and Skylines etc...

Other than that, I have one slight trim rattle when it's cold outside. The build quility it top notch IMO, I can't get over how tight the panel gaps are between the main body and the rear bumper for instance - incredible!

tailslide

mine was real solid and comfy till i snapped and chucked in polyu-something inserts for my engine mounts. now, my hands sometimes go numb from the buzzing and vibration coming through the steering wheel. :lol:

truffs

talking about the trim. The fit of the rear glass window to the boot is amazing considering that there is no metal work surrounding it like other cars, i would even go as far as saying 'unique' :?:

Paul-CTR

Well this all sounds good. If i do bite the bullet i'll definately take out a Official Honda warranty with it. I've heard its quite pricy, £600 for a year? :shock:

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Paul-CTR said:
Well this all sounds good. If i do bite the bullet i'll definately take out a Official Honda warranty with it. I've heard its quite pricy, £600 for a year? :shock:
Its cheaper than that mate...

As for noise .. I think if you use your car for trackdays then expect it to get a little noisey after a while once the trim starts getting loosen up from the track..

Plus if you put in after market suspension like TEINS etc.. anything from JAPAN, then expect it to get very noisey .. my top mounts rattle like a bitch on the normal london roads, but on the track they are quiet as a mouse (without the squeak) :D

jonster

Advanced Member
Mine is probably one of the oldest DC5's here. 3rd in the country. I've not got a single rattle. Mind you, I think this is a lot to do with sticking to reasonably supple suspension unlike the hard core coil-over boys.

Best built car I've ever had.

Jon

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
I couldn't believe when after three days of owning the car, I could hear a rattle coming from the passenger side of the dashboard.

Turned out to be a CD case sitting loose in the glovebox... :oops:

Erm

Advanced Member
build quality is great........

only developing rattles now after a year with a sub :D