bulbs

mikegsi

Staff member
ive searched on here but cant find the answer im looking for.

what type are the headlamp bulbs and the main beam bulbs.

just got my dc5 yesterday, when i first turn the headlamps on they are distinctly blue, this fades as they warm to a bright white, are these bulbs either H1's or H4's or something altogether different??

cheers :D

mikegsi

Staff member
that sounds fancy, and expensive!! i take it then that the blue tinge when i first turn them on is perfectly normal? :D

mikegsi

Staff member
Philips HID D2R Capsule
Categories > Bulb fittings > D2R > Philips HID D2R Capsule
For cars with the HID system already installed
More than twice the amount of light of a halogen bulb while consuming half the power of a halogen bulb. And more light means more safety on our roads. The clear white light enables driver to concentrate better. Reflects the road markings and signs better. Due to its lower power consumption, Xenon bulbs contribute to saving energy and are thus more environmentally friendly than halogen bulbs. The life span of a Xenon bulb equals that of a car, which means that the bulb will only have to be replaced in exceptional cases.

take it these are the same type we have as standard, which, if im reading it right, means they should last as long as the car?? unless something knacks up on em?

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Not all DC5's came standard with HID's as they could be specially ordered with halogens - having said that, i'd imagine most would have been bought opting with the xenons anyway.
Most HID bulbs, either D2S (projector) or D2R (reflectors in DC5s) types should last a lot longer than halogens.