Advanced Member
What bulbs do I need a where can I get some hid bulbs? Cheers

DC5RS

DC5
sure, 6000k is white, 8000k gets blueish, 10000k blue

I recommend 6000k for better light output or 8000k

Jones_XD

Advanced Member
i second that 6000k is slightly better than 8000k and shines a lovely white light, not chavy blue ;)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
4300k is OEM light output, even whiter again. Again better light oputput than 6000k too.

Do some searching on here fella, been covered many times :)

James

DC5RS

DC5
Jimmer said:
4300k is OEM light output, even whiter again. Again better light oputput than 6000k too.

Do some searching on here fella, been covered many times :)

James
it gets a bit yellow if I am not mistaken

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I eat my words.... Jyst fitted my very expensive osram 4300k d2Rs thinking they were the same, but they are Infact more yellow/white than blue/white. :(

Im soo angry with myself right now. Ive had no Teg for 5 days waiting the arrival of replacements, and they are the wrong bleeding colour! Grrr.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I thought it was 4300k. Iv just looked at the part number of the one I took out, and its philips D2r 35w 85126..... No mention of a "K" rating or colour. A quick Google says 4300k ... But thats what I ordered in osram as a replacement, but was almost yellow. Looks like I had halogens in there. Dont know what to order now. Lol. Help? Isnt 6k like a chavvy blue colour?

DC5RS

DC5
Jimmer said:
I thought it was 4300k. Iv just looked at the part number of the one I took out, and its philips D2r 35w 85126..... No mention of a "K" rating or colour. A quick Google says 4300k ... But thats what I ordered in osram as a replacement, but was almost yellow. Looks like I had halogens in there. Dont know what to order now. Lol. Help? Isnt 6k like a chavvy blue colour?
6k is white
8k gives a blue tint

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
6k is white
8k gives a blue tint
Depends who makes the bulb really. My 6k hid kit for my civic always seem to have a hint of blue. 8k is too blue for me

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah I think it varies on manufacturer. My dads oem hond hids are much blue / whiter than the ones I have just installed. also "4300k" could see a massive difference quite obviously. And I know he's never changed his as he got it new. Lol.

Im abit sceptical as to which to buy now. Haha I want them just right. Any actual pictures that folks could post of replacements they have installed, rather than colour charts? Would be greatly appreciated :)