Bumper needs to be removed to get to bulb?

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Hi guys,
my car has just been in for Service & MOT and apparently one of the headlight bulbs is slightly off so they can't pass the MOT on it yet. All it is is that it looks like it has been put in slightly wrong meaning it's not fully pointing in the right direction.
How easy is it to get to the bulbs on the DC5 (not had the car long) as the guy at ABP thought that the bumper may need to be taken off?
Is this the case or can it be sorted witout removing the bumper as that just sounded rather extravagent just to fiddle with the bulb?

The car has the HID ones by the way.

Cheers
Wardy

Suped

Advanced Member
The bumper does need to come off to get you access to the rear end of the headlights unless theres a set of girlie hands about. The bumper should come off 20 mins flat. A few plastic clips on the front, screws on both arches and screws underneath. Should be very simple job, but adjusting the headlght, don't know. Do fancy doing mine also as the left side seems to be slightly dim and pointing down more than the right side.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Yeh, looks like they have done it now. Was a bumper off job, cost me an extra £30 just as the bulb wasn't attached properly in the clips :(

Aaah well, all fine and sorted now so MOT passed as that was the only problem :)

Cheers
Wardy