Bush kit

24R

after searching and searching

I bought a kit listed as fitting the DC5. it arrived and its description sticker is that it is for EP3 civic Type R.

its a SuperPro bushings kit for the EP3

Has anyone else had this kit and fitted no problems?

Thanks

gaza4

Advanced Member
as far as i can recall some will fit. the front lower bushes and the ARB ones should be fine

if the kit included a lower rear shock bush there might be an issue with that one

24R

I don't want to get to the point where the car is in bits and ive got the bushings dirty trying to fit them and they don't fit..

if only some will fit.. i'd much prefer they all do as ive paid a lot. but this was my worry when I saw the description sticker..

so if anyone has had this kit and know if they all fit.

Thanks

Fez

Advanced Member
ARB bushes, and rear shock bushes will be the only different ones iirc.

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
There are no rear lower shock bushes in this kit.

All bushes are the same except mentioned below*

*Hopefully you have been supplied this kit with SPF2184-22k which is the 22mm Rear ARB bush. If the part number ends 19K then its for the UK EP3.

We do a kit that includes the correct ARB bush and also replaces the rear upper hub bush with a non-camber adj bush as the majority fitting this kit will have camber arms.

Stevie

nsxer

Advanced Member
i just installed the energy suspension bushes along with the spoon progressive springs, full geo alignment
the cost to install was very costly as the bushes were extremely difficult to remove and the business i used does not burn them out as they say its not good for remaining components. its not the cost of buying these bushes factor in the labour time unless doing yourself.

im still in shock at the cost of my bill and has really hammered my dc5 budget after purchase

in a positive note the car certainly feels a lot sharper but its stiffer and you definitely have a firmer ride which im sure the spoon springs have added too

i plan to track my dc5 for the 1st time in the next week and I have already had the car driven by a mate who is an amateur racing guy and he really likes the transformation to the car particularly for track usage

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Which remaining components are afftected by burning ou out the bushes?

Just out of interest really.

Stevie

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Eight Speed said:
There are no rear lower shock bushes in this kit.

All bushes are the same except mentioned below*

*Hopefully you have been supplied this kit with SPF2184-22k which is the 22mm Rear ARB bush. If the part number ends 19K then its for the UK EP3.

We do a kit that includes the correct ARB bush and also replaces the rear upper hub bush with a non-camber adj bush as the majority fitting this kit will have camber arms.

Stevie
I will check for you in the morning mate. It is slightly cheaper than the regular kit as the upper (non camber) bush is cheaper.

Stevie

24R

I think its the right kit then.. thank you Stevie I appreciate that.

I'll be fitting them myself when the B16's arrive.

SPF2308K

SPF2183-23K

SPF2318K

SPF3195K

SPF2311K

SPF2184-22K

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Yes, looks OK to me.

The SPF2311K are camber adjustable bushes, the centre pin has an eccentric hole so you can rotate the pin to adjust camber. You can set the alignment with these or if you have camber arms then set them at either max or min settings and adjust with the arms.

Stevie

24R

yes , I saw those bushes. . . thanks for the heads up about them , much appreciated .

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Apologies!!

£309 inc vat

Kit Includes:
Front LCA Bushes Caster Increase
Front ARB Bushes
Rear LCA Inner Bushes
Rear ARB Bushes (22mm)
Rear Trailing Arm Outer Bushes (fit in hub)
Rear Upper Hub Bushes (non camber adj)

Hope that helps.

Stevie