Bushing refresh /energy polybush kit

Fez

Advanced Member
I have used them in 2 of my previous cars and were fine, both cars felt much better after taking the old bushes out.
I bought a rear set off someone on here for the dc5 but haven't got round to fit them yet.

Gaz700

Excellent...was beginning to wonder of they were too cheap and we're going to be poor quality/fit

Cheers man,mind at rest!

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
I've got the energy suspension set up on mine - and they're great.

Nice to fit, and a massive improvement over the OEM worn bushes 👍🏻

The only thing I've not got energy, is the ARB bushes front and rear, and they're super pro - purely because I couldn't find Energy ones at the time.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I think Hard Race sell a lot of replacement bushes also. Might be worth checking those out too.

Bradley

Weirdly enough I've just been having a look at bush kits for the DC5 myself. I had the energy suspension ones on my EG and they were brilliant completely transformed the car as I had coilovers put on at the same time. But I've been debating getting the hardrace ones this time round, they're a lot more expensive but they arent the same polyurethane material as the energy suspension ones they are a hardened rubber instead.

Chewy

Advanced Member
There's a post on the ITR facebook group about these recently.

Mixed reviews on the Energy suspensions ones, mentions of them binding/failing after 12-24 months...Not much mentioned about the Hardrace ones and Super pro seem to be the best performing/longevity but are obviously more expensive.

Fez

Advanced Member
Mine were on my civic for about 5 years/70,000 miles and were still fine when i sold them on when i broke it. And thats why i wanted them again on my crx which were good for the 2 years i owned it and are still going now, another 2 years or so later.

Indi

Advanced Member
I've heard the energy ones bind badly hence I've opted for Super pro, no brainer for a little extra and peace of mind :)