Buying Advice

M3Tz

Hey guys,

I just posted AEM or Injen thread,

but I should of asked for more advice,

I have around £400 burning a hole in my pocket, which doesn't happen very often for me :S

I have a Spoon 2-1 and n1 backbox, other then that a carbon bonnet and advan wheels, but otherwise the car is standard

can you guys advise me on my next mods?
I am more into BHP and a bit of sound, but ultimately more fun
I commute to work so the mods has to be ok for all weather and driving styles, at the moment the 2-1 and backbox isn't to loud, just right really. ultimately I would like proven BHP producing products

my ideas are.
bare in mind I might be running lean with the 2-1 ?

grupem

or

spoon b-pipe and service?

or

unichip + service + jdm wind deflectors

or

AEM/Injen + service + wind deflectors + some cool stuff (engine socks/stickers/badges

any suggestions would be cool :)

Evs

Advanced Member
My tuppence:

You've got the two Spoon exhaust parts that make the least difference imho - so sell them, go for Spoon 4-2, OEM cat, Spoon B-pipe, OEM BB

Spoon or Trust drop-in filter in OEM box, consider the Hondata mod, use anything left over for an oil change or any other minor maintenance that needs doing, possibly an alignment check/setup.

Engine socks / stickers / badges are terminally naff imho - wtf are they for? :?

Probably sounds off the wall and you won't do it if you bought a N1 and decat first, but you did ask...

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Engine socks / stickers / badges are terminally naff imho - wtf are they for? :?
Socks work if you're on a track a lot, if for example you boil your brake fluid, they absorb the liquid instead of it going all over your engine bay.

conoroneill

Advanced Member
How about a decent set of springs (Eibach Pro Kit?), camber adjusters and a geometry setup?

BHP is all well and good but if you ain't got the means to carry the power through a corner then your setup is ineffective.

Also - If I were you I'd sell the carbon hood and buy a Gruppe M :xhappy: