Buying coilovers. what else is needed.

24R

I have Apexi coilovers with adjustable top mounts but the damper glands on the front has/is failing (I've been told) causing what feels like wheel bearing wobble..

I would like Bilstein B16's and will be getting some but have looked on this site and many others trying to figure out what is the "standard" or first option/way to adjust camber.

My questions are;

Should I use the adjustable top mounts from the Apexi's or should I get oem top mounts and buy camber bolts or would it be best to have both.

I don't know what is included in a full bushes replacement kit. SuperPro is what I was looking at but I find kits without drop link bushes or camber arm bushes. is this normal?

The DC2 is easy but this is causing me grief, as simple as it might seem to others I am unable to figure out what I require.

I understand through help on here that EP3 track rod ends and washers will be needed to fit the Bilsteins but to have a fast road set up / occasional trackday with camber I need help..

The usual, if its been covered I'm sorry. Can you point me in the direction of the thread.

Thanks DC5 owners.

spooke

Advanced Member
Should I use the adjustable top mounts from the Apexi's or should I get oem top mounts and buy camber bolts or would it be best to have both.
I think you may be able to use the Apexi top mounts however it may take a bit of fiddling, it may be worth asking Bilstein directly. If I were you I'd just get OEM top mounts and camber bolts - else get some different coilovers that have adjustable top mounts.

I don't know what is included in a full bushes replacement kit. SuperPro is what I was looking at but I find kits without drop link bushes or camber arm bushes. is this normal?

Unsure about the drop link bushes (I don't think there are any?) but there are no camber arm bushes afaik.

The DC2 is easy but this is causing me grief, as simple as it might seem to others I am unable to figure out what I require.

I understand through help on here that EP3 track rod ends and washers will be needed to fit the Bilsteins but to have a fast road set up / occasional trackday with camber I need help..

To fit Bilstein's and some other brands, you will need EP3 track rod ends as you've stated, they come with the washers needed. To save hassle I would get some Hardrace tie rod arms (they have more adjustment - allowing you to comfortably get your desired camber/toe setup) and some front camber bolts/rear camber arms. Additionally you can get a SHG Steering Slider which is made from Delrin plastic and has a strengthened design over the OEM Steering Slider, this will eliminate any play or knocks in the steering.

What's your goal for the car, is it your daily or are you going to be on track a lot? As if you don't lower it too far (less than -30mm) and run low camber you won't need the tie rod arms as the OEM will allow approx. -1.30' of camber and 0 toe.

subtronics

Advanced Member
I am certainly no expert, and the answer above is defo more specific to the DC5. But in my experience I have always used Tein Coilovers, and currently run them on my DC5. Only had it a week, and it came with them already fitted, so I don't really know if it took any extra to fit them. But they have always lasted well, and ride is great too.

They also have the option of EDFC as well. Which my current set up has the basic version. Which is great if you want to take advantage of the adjustable dampers on the move.

My Tein's come with adjustable top mounts, so that would solve one of your questions, and they have good back up too. I was able to order a new top mount for a set I bought second hand for a previous car through Tein UK.

badeshi

Advanced Member
I was interested in swapping my head coil overs for bolstering b14 but the cost of all extra bits I seemed to need (top mounts, bearings etc) ended up costing £500+!
I was advised to try and get hold of a set of OEM to get bits from....

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

24R

I'm costing everything and understanding everything so its taking a while. thanks for the comments folks.

Si

Parts Trader
We've sold lots of Bilstein B14 /16 kits and associated OEM Honda Parts to fit them PM for a Quote

Regards James