Buzz noise from speedo between gear changes

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Not sure if this is normal but between gear changes i get a buzz from the speedo as the needle drops. This only happens when changing gear while in vtec. Seems as though the needle makes a strange crank noise as it rapidly drops. Its definately coming from the needle/speedo itself or immediately behind it.

Searched already but only mentions people having vibration noises when accelerating. Can anyone shed any light on this???

jdm teg

thats a weird one, no offence but but hope that never starts happening in my car. did you ring any one in honda and see could they could shine any light on it for you.

-Woody-

Advanced Member
No i havnt, i doesnt really concern me to much but thats why im hcecking if it should :lol: Just sounds like the needle drops to fast for the mechanism.

Vtec_wannabe

Advanced Member
I had a similar encounter, and again I thought it was behind the speedo/dash. It was found to be the throttle cable needed tighting but would always make a noise at 6k RPM +.

It might be worth trying to take the slack of the cable and see if thats it maybe?

turbo5

Advanced Member
I bet its the manifold heat shield, Mine used to do it when I dropped off the revs, Look it up in search there are photos showing you where to find it.