Bye Bye DC5

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Well guys, the day has almost arrived, the DC5 is going tomorrow. i'm doing a swap for a focus ST plus cash my way.

Moved home to save for a house and i'm having to leave the DC5 on the street, which im not comfortable with so i decided it was best to sell.

Focus is 100% standard, 3 door, black. i'm dreading the swirls already, will need a good detail once i get it home.

it has been a pleasure, i will no doubt continue to browse around on here and try to share what knowledge i have gained.

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Oh mate thats gutting, i came from a focus st to the teg, hate to say it but you are definately going to miss it :(

jasondc55

Advanced Member
You will bounce back I was fortunate to get a cheaper mortgage deal with spare funds to put towards a Dc5 It was well worth the 2 and a half year struggle but she,s all mine now.

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Did the swap at the weekend :( . missing the teg already but needs must. hopefully i will get another one in the future.

Guy i sold it to seemed a good guy and like he was going to look after it. told him to join here for all the good advice.

the focus is ok, paint needs a bit of attention but apart from that it's in pretty good condition. getting 21mpg around town though!!!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
my wifes 5.4 supercharged ford lightning gets almost 20 round town ;-)

Stylesa

Advanced Member
ST is so fuel thirsty. even driving it back at motorway speeds, i was struggling to get 30mpg.

DC5 will be missed, was a bit gutted when i drove away. 2.5 years of ownership with a lot of time and money invested. hopefully the next guy looks after it.

kenzie 67

Advanced Member
Take it has left Aberdeen? Sad news indeed. Everyone in Aberdeen seems to be selling up? I'm trying it the other way, keep the teg but slowly saving a house deposit. Hopefully il have the best of both worlds at the end :)

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Take it has left Aberdeen? Sad news indeed. Everyone in Aberdeen seems to be selling up? I'm trying it the other way, keep the teg but slowly saving a house deposit. Hopefully il have the best of both worlds at the end :)
wish i could've done the same. but i would've had to keep it on the street (moved back home to save) and someone tried to break into it right before i sold it. gutted.if someone had vandalised it badly, i would've been really gutted, not to mention, out of pocket.

guy in inverness now has it, he has just joined here, kieran is his name. seems like he is going to look after it.