Bye Bye Type R stickers

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Completely my own fault, I was rushing before work and decided to take the car to a local car hand-wash..

Pressure washer + Type R stickers = :xno:

The end result is a shabby looking R that's peeled away from the top corner of the sticker p***** that the guy didn't tell me at the time and I had to find out once i'd parked up.

The other side is completely intact so i believe its possibly just wear of the sticker, but if you're in favor of keeping yours I'd suggest sticking to a good old bucket, sponge and hosepipe.

It's going to annoy the hell out of me so now I'm thinking of removing both, anyone rate the 'clean look' without the side stickers?

alternatively i could source some more I guess :-k

Cobbob666

Get new stickers my friend, the new quality of the latest stickers will remain strong after any jet was after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

impne

Advanced Member
I‘ve been in a friends car and two brand new 67 plate range rovers infront of us.

Power washer was on both cars and one of each cars door handle surround flew off and disappeared down the tarmac

The chaps just picked them up banged them back on and carried on

Must of already happened numerous times before, if so you‘d have thought they‘d learnt a lesson

We looked at each other and my friend drove off lol

Dunc T

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Upon trying to remove the remains I noticed that the decal was really brittle. Got most of it but it's going to the body shop in a few weeks anyway. £33 each from Torque GT...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Ah not just me then..

I've used this hand car wash plenty of times with previous cars but never had any issues with them. ( nothing blasted off down the tarmac )

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this time and they just didn't notice.

In the past they've always taken their time but on this day it was busy definitely no excuse, but the car was washed and dried in less than 5 minutes.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I want to change my Type R stickers as mine have seen better days, looks like all I need to do is pressure wash them off

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

impne

Advanced Member
I remember back in the day my mate paid a small fortune for decals on his car, took it home to wash it with power washer and blew them off straight away 😂

Fez

Advanced Member
I still haven't replaced mine from when it was painted earlier in the year, haven't really missed them.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Fez said:
I still haven't replaced mine from when it was painted earlier in the year, haven't really missed them.

Gets me everytime this. Colour coded BC bonnet is the pinnacle!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
@Fez very nice thanks for showing a photo!

I do like to look of them without the side stickers now that I've seen yours :D Looks great in red!

I'm going to see if I can remove the remains, any suggestions on best way to get these off with minimal damage to the paint.

gurrik

Mine were looking a bit scruffy, torque gt have new ones for sale on their website if you wanted a new set