C/L button query

liktup

Advanced Member
Just a quick question, should the switch on the arm of the drivers door lock both doors and the boot when you press it or just the boot and passenger door as this is what happens in my car and its slightly annoying it doesn;t do them all :?

Thanks for any advice :)

dazza

Advanced Member
Mine locks all of them.
May be worth having a look at the wiring behind the door card incase somethings come loose etc, don't know what else to suggest mate.

liktup

Advanced Member
Hmm I suspected it was meant to :(

I am wondering if the alarm wiring has anything to do with it, Ian told me he had the auto arming turned off on the Cat 1 to stop being locked out of the car :?

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Mine doesn`t work because of my alarm...the car alarm locks the doors and boot about 10 secs after starting :!:

Wardy7

Advanced Member
My alarm also locks all the doors soon after starting but the button inside also works too.

dc5-2ltr surely it will unlock the doors though or do you have to turn the car off to get them to auto unlock, that seems fairly un-safe if so incase of emergency?! :?

Cheers
Wardy

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Wardy,the only way to unlock the doors is either turn off the ignition or pull up the door lock button,the one at window level :!:

Wardy7

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr said:
Wardy,the only way to unlock the doors is either turn off the ignition or pull up the door lock button,the one at window level :!:
Which alarm have you got installed. Mine has a Cat 1 Clifford. I'm sure yours could be made to work (thats if your actually bothered, if not then I guess there is nowt to worry about) :)

Cheers
Wardy

liktup

Advanced Member
Hmm I may get the autolocking feature turned back on again then, I am concerened with my fiancee driving thats all.

Cheers chaps. :)

mikegsi

Staff member
PMSL!!!!

mine locks them all, but my alarm doesnt have that anti-hijack function, if im in a dodgy area (sunderland) or at traffic lights with rogues nearby i'll flick the switch, otherwise im conscious of having an accident and not being able to get out