C pack key fob

Vtec is a way of life

Basically Iv some how managed to miss place my remote key fob while moving bases and I was just wondering if there is away you can buy a old one and reprogram them to work on my car. If so what key fob would I need for a pfl c pack? 🙈

Vtec is a way of life

I haven't a clue tbh I think it's just a standard one although I do have a strange metal sensor thing next to the engine start button that I have to touch with a special fob to get rid of the immobiliser.. Anyone seen these before ?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Pre face didn't have anything other than imobalisers hence why on import most have an alarm installed. Unfortunately you will have an aftermarket alarm, that silver thing you described is not standard.

If you can find any paperwork for it you may be able to contact them but at worst case.... if thats your only fob you lost, its more than likely easier to get a new alarm put in.

Vtec is a way of life

Ohhh I never knew thaIv still got that silver thing as I don't dare take that out of the car lol it's just the honds key fob I need so that I can use it to lock and unlock the car plus fold in the mirrors

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Honda key fob? There isn't one for the pre face mate. Must be aftermarket. You should just have a key with the honda logo on, and the fob used to lock and unlock/ turn alarm off will be in the bit you've misplaced....which is aftermarket. And without details and code numbers etc it's going to be a pig to get a new one.

Just the key itself should still get you in and out of the car. But the alarm will sound. That silver thing you describe is useless without the fob you have misplaced unfortunately mate.

As for the power fold mirrors on your key fob, im pretty sure that would have been adapted to make happen, to fold them normally its just a button on the door card near the window switches....sounds to me like the alarm guy has wired that in to the fob, but unsure on that.

Sorry its not an easy answer bud, alarms are confusing. If they weren't they would be null and void. Lol. Is there any paper work which you have regarding the alarm when you purchased the car? Or was it a fresh import? If it was the second, you may be able to call the importers for more info :)

Rom

Advanced Member
I have a Honda fob with mine, that just does the locking.

The little thing you are on about, is an immobiliser socket. Usual either touch a fob against it, or a little key type thing goes into it.

Best bet, is get an alarm fitted, then you don't need that immobiliser, or any other fob. As alarm fob will lock and disarm everything.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Lufoli

In regards to the Honda fob for central locking can these be got/recoded? Sorry for the hijack.

Luke

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Yeah I had one of those things on mine, it's just for the immobiliser and then there's a fob one for the central locking. You have to insert a narrow fob under the wheel (IIRC it turns off the flashing light when you insert it) before turning the key. I changed it for a Toad system but still have the fob. Not sure if they can bre programmed or not though.