C Pack options

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

I know this has been asked a few times on here, but need some specifics.
I absolutely need to have a wiper fitted on the DC5 before buying one, but importers don't have a clue until the car is actually in the UK, the few pics they get from the Japanese-based buyer invariably seem not to show a view of the back, more often than not they show the interior though. Rear tints don't seem to guarantee that you also have the rear wiper and folding mirrors... therefore a coupla questions:

1 - Where is the switch for the rear wiper located?
2 - Is the action of the folding mirrors automatically activated when using the remote locking or is there a separate button/switch?

Thanks for any help.
Jay

MindMorgue

1. The rear wiper is activated by rotating the left hand stalk.

2. On the flat section just to the right of the steering wheel are the electric mirror adjustment controls.
Just to the left of the slider that selects left or right mirror is a button for folding them.

Hope that helps.

MindMorgue

It's a Momo Jet. It was on the car when it was imported. I like it a lot, and no air bag going off in my face sounds like a bonus too. :)

micchung

Advanced Member
i was thinking of doing the same thing and replacing my steering wheel, does anyone know how you go about the wiring? as the new steering wheel has no airbag

or is it a case of just swapping them over making sure the aibag doesn't blow up in my face while disconnecting and not bothering with the SRS wires?

i presuming that if i disconnect the airbag the SRS lamp would light up on the dash like a christmas tree everytime i drive?
:roll:

mic

Evs

Advanced Member
Mugen do a boss kit to fit an aftermarket wheel to the DC5 which includes a dongle type thing to fool the electrics so that the warning light doesn't come on. Found a link to a vendor in the USA here but haven't seen any advertised in the UK. Doubt it would be too much trouble to get hold of though as there are plenty of places that can get Mugen stuff for you. As you'd expect from Mugen it's not cheap though...

HTH
Evs

Erm

Advanced Member
hmmmm if your DC5 is blue that might have been the one i was close to importing but didnt due to the aftermarket steering wheel!

never know if its had a shunt and the airbag has gone off :roll:

Duncs

check out the key fob, nice.

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND !!!!!

i think that was what he said, not an expert
you understand !!!

02_RSX_Type-S

micchung said:
i was thinking of doing the same thing and replacing my steering wheel, does anyone know how you go about the wiring? as the new steering wheel has no airbag

or is it a case of just swapping them over making sure the aibag doesn't blow up in my face while disconnecting and not bothering with the SRS wires?

i presuming that if i disconnect the airbag the SRS lamp would light up on the dash like a christmas tree everytime i drive?
:roll:

mic
I would love to buy an itr steering wheel with srs for the right price.pm me if you want to sell yours.