cadwell 15th march + vid

alucardo

Advanced Member
Re: cadwell 15th march anyone?

Probably doing one in april but not march. Still deciding on venue dates etc.

alucardo

Advanced Member

April:

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/calendar/
Wednesday 28 April Cadwell Park Full circuit Open Pitlane, 105 db £149.00
Friday 23rd at Oulton (£199)

May:

http://www.focusedevents.com/car_event_list.asp
18/05/2010 Oulton Park OPEN PIT LANE Tuesday 26 £199
Tuesday 18 May Cadwell Park Full circuit Open Pitlane, 100 db £149.00
Monday 24 May Castle Combe Full circuit 2 Groups p/h, 100 db £195.00
Rockingham National on Sunday 2nd (20 min sessions, £139).

Also Bedford is an option but checking on noise limit at the mo, not for me but for a few others.

ian.herm01

Advanced Member

Bedford is 95db from my last visit. Cadwell in March.................very dodgy. I will be there in April. I have my track days planned until Sept including a run to the Ring as usual.

Hancock

Advanced Member

when you planning on going to the ring? i might be going the bank holiday weekend end of may, just a little concerned its going to be so busy.

ian.herm01

Advanced Member

Hancock said:
when you planning on going to the ring? i might be going the bank holiday weekend end of may, just a little concerned its going to be so busy.
I will be going in April after easter, not in my DC5 i have a CRX which i dont mind crashing

Hancock

Advanced Member
Re: cadwell 15th march now with vid

Well had a great day on monday managed to stay dry all day aswell. First time at cadwell so took my time in the morning
with everything going past me :oops: , but by the afternoon i was really getting to grips with the track and car, i was running on kumho v70a a massive improvement over the f1's, just so much grip no understeer what so ever and i was really pushing it towards the end of the day. Only downside is i will get one more trackday out of these tyres if im lucky :shock: Just need some coilovers now to stiffen things up a bit.

there is a vid below of a stripped out clio on full slicks chasing me,he was flying past me in the morning but by the end of the day we were pretty evenly matched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHTfVLgJPQA

i have another vid what i will upload when i get chance

celox performance

Advanced Member
Re: cadwell 15th march update

That's the first time i've seen Cadwell. Looks like a good track but i'd imagine it takes a lot to master it fully.

lockwood77

Advanced Member

Seriously, you lunched the V70s in one sitting!? Blimey, will be interesting to see how I go at Silverstone tomorrow then - I was told they'll last a lot longer than 888s, which I would expect to get five days out of. Cadwell is a little harder on tyres I think, but even so... :shock:

Hancock

Advanced Member

yeah its a great track very narrow though with some nasty kerbs.

There were a fair few incidents in the morning one being an fd2 losing a mirror and scraping a few panels and couple of other cars ended up in the tyres.

Looking back now i can see a few bits where a lost a bit of time, coppice can be taken flat out but i found myself backing off a little just didn't have big enough balls :lol: .

The caterham r500 was stupidly quick, think it was 260bhp and weighs about 500kg he hardly ever brakes just uses the gears.

celox you booked any more trackdays? i would be up for doing cadwell again or possibly oulton park if you are interested.

lockwood77

Advanced Member

I think some of us are planning Cadwell and Oulton in the next few months if that helps! :)

Hancock

Advanced Member

lockwood77 said:
Seriously, you lunched the V70s in one sitting!? Blimey, will be interesting to see how I go at Silverstone tomorrow then - I was told they'll last a lot longer than 888s, which I would expect to get five days out of. Cadwell is a little harder on tyres I think, but even so... :shock:
i never used r888's but the guy who i went with he uses them on his evo, and he seems to think the kumho's are very soft. they seem to heat up very quickly but continued to grip, cadwell is quite demanding on the tyres. I managed to do over 150 miles on track as well so i think that played a big part.

lockwood77 let me know what you think to them, as i don't really have anything to compare them with.

I was thinking of getting some second hand slicks might work out cheaper

Hancock

Advanced Member

lockwood77 said:
I think some of us are planning Cadwell and Oulton in the next few months if that helps! :)
yeah that would be good. 8)

lockwood77

Advanced Member

A lot of trackday organisers want a rollcage if you're using slicks. :idea:

Will let you know when we organise ourselves for more trackdays!

Hancock

Advanced Member

lockwood77 said:
A lot of trackday organisers want a rollcage if you're using slicks. :idea:

Will let you know when we organise ourselves for more trackdays!

well people say this but the guy who i've been on trackdays with has used slicks at oulton, snetterton, cadwell, donnington and various other places with no rollcage, and i've nerver heard anything mentioned when being briefed :xconfused:

celox performance

Advanced Member

Cadwell's a bit far for me to travel, but i'd definately be up for Oulton :)

I know that a rollcage is needed when running slicks by nearly all of the organisers these days, but they do seem to be turning a blind eye to them lately.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
In answer to the V70s tyre question, mine don't look very used at all after a day at Silverstone, although it was damp in the afternoon. Cadwell or Oulton are up next, so if it's dry, that might be a sterner test. I thought their performance was good, fine in the damp too. Maybe slightly less grip than the 888s (or at least less initial turn-in), but they don't look melted like the 888s did!

Hancock

Advanced Member
lockwood77 said:
In answer to the V70s tyre question, mine don't look very used at all after a day at Silverstone, although it was damp in the afternoon. Cadwell or Oulton are up next, so if it's dry, that might be a sterner test. I thought their performance was good, fine in the damp too. Maybe slightly less grip than the 888s (or at least less initial turn-in), but they don't look melted like the 888s did!

Mine have worn more so in the middle, think you get some roll on tyres on turn in., don't know if this is due to softer sidewalls or tread pattern. I will post some pics up. What pressure were you running in them?

sovietspybob said:
curse good vid there, i need to get my teg out on the track :lol:
Thanks mate