Caliper Time.... Which Colour?

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Afternoon,

Well the next job for me is to repaint my calipers as they are looking a little tatty.

Already got my Brembo decals but I'm undecided about the colour.... Should I just keep it stock red (as they really should be) or go Blue?? Sort of try match the car, that would be Artic Blue... you know, the best colour :p

The only downside on changing the colour is the rears are pretty much perfect so don't need repainting, just making more work for myself, hmm.

Anyway open to opinions, got a day booked off work in a couple of weeks so want to get all the bit sorted by then.

armjoker

Advanced Member
Afternoon,

Well the next job for me is to repaint my calipers as they are looking a little tatty.

Already got my Brembo decals but I'm undecided about the colour.... Should I just keep it stock red (as they really should be) or go Blue?? Sort of try match the car, that would be Artic Blue... you know, the best colour :p

The only downside on changing the colour is the rears are pretty much perfect so don't need repainting, just making more work for myself, hmm.

Anyway open to opinions, got a day booked off work in a couple of weeks so want to get all the bit sorted by then.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Yeah not sure on the Purple Kingston ha... Misses would love it though!!

Armjoker... That looks great!! Still not sure if I should go down that route, just keep thinking it should be as it came out the factory, does look good though doesn't it.

armjoker

Advanced Member
Armjoker... That looks great!! Still not sure if I should go down that route, just keep thinking it should be as it came out the factory, does look good though doesn't it.
I dont know what about you mate, but I really like it. Red you see every day on most if not all DC5's. I just want to be "different"
:xcheers:

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
i think a dark metallic sort of royal purple would look good with the blue too.im sure iv seen some aftermarket calipers that come in that purple colour?

my car is black, i was gonna go with like a yellow/gold caliper to contrast some gold/sports bronze wheels......but im too lazy.lol.

its all about contrasts. if your car is blue, blue calipers will make it look too matching/neat....? but its your car.....not like blue doesnt nice! :p

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Yeah with black I would defo go yellow/gold, stop being lazy!! Your probably right though, it needs the difference to break it up a little....

I do like them blue though, dam it! I just don't know!!

Aly

Advanced Member
Are you guys painting them while on the car or removing them first?

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Good question, did some searching, some take them off and some do it when on.

I'm going to leave them on and mask the disc and everything that's close. I know it would be better to take it off but hopefully it should still look pretty good.

This was a guide from a chap on Seatcupra.net (ahh my old forum days!) His masking is a bit crappy but hey, did the job by the looks of it...

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122617&highlight=refurbing+brembos

brucey87

Advanced Member
Fluorescent yellow. That would look awsome at night! Not quite brave enough to go for it myself although my calipers do need a refurb.

Grov

Banned
Fluorescent yellow. That would look awsome at night! Not quite brave enough to go for it myself although my calipers do need a refurb.
I did mine yellow on my black CTR.

Id stick to red, looks the best IMO, blue is to much of the same colour.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Chaps, there's to many colours flying around now ha.

As much as Iike the idea of blue I do now think it will look a little to 'neat and tidy', still like it though!

Black you just would notice (I like my car to be noticed)

Yellow I think would work well with Artic Blue but really don't think I have the balls to do it and live with it.

Silver with red decal sounds good... Not 100% though and I've already got White decals.

Purple, no otherwise the misses will think I'm doing it to make her happy.

Basically it's probably going to red isn't it! I suppose as it should be (no offense to those who have chosen to be different).