Caliper to wheel spoke clearance…is this too close?

mack.attack

Hi! Ive been prepping my DC5 for track days and time attack here in Dubai. Just got myself some YSR 6-pot BBK for the front since my Type R Brembos failed. Surprisingly, my Promodas fit without any rubbing, but thought of intensive track use, is this safe to run or should i install some spacers (i have 8mm spacers lying around)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JordanSuth

Advanced Member
Hi! Ive been prepping my DC5 for track days and time attack here in Dubai. Just got myself some YSR 6-pot BBK for the front since my Type R Brembos failed. Surprisingly, my Promodas fit without any rubbing, but thought of intensive track use, is this safe to run or should i install some spacers (i have 8mm spacers lying around)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you driven the car at all with that clearance? You'll probably find they'll clear at slow rotation but under normal driving conditions you might find they rub. I wouldn't like to test it!

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

mack.attack

Have you driven the car at all with that clearance? You'll probably find they'll clear at slow rotation but under normal driving conditions you might find they rub. I wouldn't like to test it!

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
Yup been driving it on the daily, no rubs so far. Checked the back of the wheels as well for some marks of scraping, didn’t see any. But really contemplating on putting spacers for track as track day drives are different.

xDC5Sx

If that is the closest it gets, ie you rotated the wheel and monitored every spoke clearance, it appears you have at least 2mm of clearance. That’s plenty if so.