calling all d2 owners

rsx

i just found a brand new d2 suspension kit for my car and i want to hear ur impressions on this.who has them?are they reliable? i heard that they blow up.whats the ride like? handling?pls guys i need ur help.they are the only ones thats affordable and offer full adjustment

dobber

Advanced Member
So far mine have been excellent. I think all the problems such as blowing up and knocking were on the older style ones. I have a set of the new on mine.

Ride height and compression etc are fully adjustable. The handling of my car improved quite substantially with these. :)

rsx

what's the ride like mate?the standard ones are very harsh on bumpy roads and make the car bounce.i want a comfy ride but improved handling.thanks for ur reply.

rsx

come on guys.anyone?how do they compare with the teins?do the teins worth the extra dosh?

Trikki Nikki

Funnily enough I was onto D2 (impulse racing) the other day. They told me the knocking problem was specific to the DC5 and EP3. They said the design flaw had now been fixed.

As far as comparisons go Teins are much harder, had 2 sets now (Lude & DC2). They do not suite are roads at all, HA's on the lude were backbreaking and felt nervous and jittery. Teg didn't like em either (super street), no matter how I adjusded em.

Teins are 16 position, D2's 32
Teins are normal steed, D2's are stainless
Teins pillowbal topmounts are optional, D2's come with em as standard

Impulse racing are doing a Crimbo special ATM, they quoted me 499 for my DC2 :p . So if your gonna go for them, best get a move on :!: :wink:

rsx

i tried their site and its not working.is it the same price for dc5?did you for a ride in d2 equiped car?are they heavier than stock?

dobber

Advanced Member
rsx said:
:lol: i just dont want to buy it and blow up in a couple of months man.
Mione have been on for 6 months and are perfect. On the lowest setting they are fractionally softer than stock. I have been using mine at 2 full turns front and rear and the handling is unbelievable. It was still better than stock with no turns.

They do 6 full turns from softest to hardest.

impulseD2

D2 Racing Sports Coilover

Hello Guys,

As the sole importers and distributors for D2 racing sports we would like to inform you that the DC5 and EP3 kits are now being released in the UK.

After long tests we have done on the new design DC5 and EP3 application coilovers we have found no problems and are happy to making them avaliable.

Retail prices for the the DC5 and EP3 application are £621.27+vat. This includes front pillowball top mounts and rear alloy top mounts.

If anyone has any questions please either contact myself at impulse@d2racingsport.co.uk or Tom at TGM Sport as they are our official dealer and can also offer fitting and setup advice.

Best regards,

Kenny

dobber

Advanced Member
Re: D2 Racing Sports Coilover

impulseD2 said:
Hello Guys,

As the sole importers and distributors for D2 racing sports we would like to inform you that the DC5 and EP3 kits are now being released in the UK.

After long tests we have done on the new design DC5 and EP3 application coilovers we have found no problems and are happy to making them avaliable.

Retail prices for the the DC5 and EP3 application are £621.27+vat. This includes front pillowball top mounts and rear alloy top mounts.

If anyone has any questions please either contact myself at impulse@d2racingsport.co.uk or Tom at TGM Sport as they are our official dealer and can also offer fitting and setup advice.

Best regards,

Kenny
Indeed, and mine were the first set to be fitted to a DC5, fully tested and now highly recomended :)

impulseD2

Hi Guys,

Just thought i'd let you lot know that we have the EP3 and DC5 kits now in stock and ready for next day delivery.

We are offering free rear camber kit for all kits purchased in March.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Kenny