Calling all JRSC DC5's

sirus

Ok, so im in the process of looking to go down the s/c route... i wasn't going to but i have this 'fetish' for the whine they make :lol: :lol:

So.... i am willing to pay anyones petrol, for anyone in the south east to meet me and take me out for a spin so i can gauge if its worth me doinf this... i have 248bhp n/a at the mo you see, and i know the jrsc once fitted usually make 280-290 hp.
Now i know that you get more torque etc, BUT i need to really feel if its going to be worth my hard earned pennies :wink:

fonz600

Advanced Member
I live in Scotland so can't help, However to give u a quick comparison, I had a DC5 with Kpro, GruppeM, Toda Mani and Toda exhaust running around the power u have. Now I have a 310 BHP JRSC JDM EP3.

You won't feel any VTEC crossover with a well mapped JRSC car. Crossover is also really low compared to any N/A car which makes it even less noticeable.

The biggest difference you'll notice is in the higher gears and not really so much in first 3 over a good tuned N/A. ( Thats how it felt to me anyway jumping from one to the other)

I have real bad torque steer and have to fight with the LSD when giving it WOT in first 4 gears.

It sounds great tho and the power when cruising without having to downchange when wanting to overtake is awesome.

I'd do it again anyway but 7PSI is probably better for a day to day car unless u like the adrenaline rush from wrestling with the steering wheel when flooring it and people( Who mostly have no experience and commenting on hearsay constantly telling you you'll blow your car up with 9PSI.)

fonz600

Advanced Member
None in first 2, need to go easy with throttle in 3rd. I've had it spin a tad shifting into 5th once before in the wet but that was with poor tyres.

12T

Advanced Member
Sirus im sure if you come down to thurrock services Jimmy would take u out on a spin :wink: Me and my cuz will prob be around there after 12am midnight this Saturday.
Buy him a Big Mac meal im sure he would be happy in exchange for a passenger ride :wink: :lol:
Also there is a big Jap car meet there as well

Russ

raz786

Advanced Member
Hey Russ, I heard about this Jap Meet at Lakeside on Saturdays. Is it every Saturday? And what time does it all kick off?

Thanx

12T

Advanced Member
Hi raz, this big event is not every week but there are many cars there every week. It will be kicking off at 9pm i wont be doing the tunnel runs but i will be around that area after 12midnight just to socialize :D