Calling all Milano Red owners......

W 70M C

Advanced Member
Good day ladies and gentlemen,

For those of you that dont know, i work for Meguiar's UK. My duty is organsing the events we attend, this year we are looking at demonstrationg products a lot more at events.

Im looking for a Milano Red that needs some loving.....im not talking about a new bumper or respray but something that is faded and swirl marked. If you were happy to do so, we would ask you and your car attend JapFest on our stand, we would supply entry tickets and detail the car throughout the day, all you would need to do is turn up.

:)

b19twg

Advanced Member
I may be able to help pm me the details and i'll see what i can do to help you out.

rascal69

Advanced Member
You do know that Milano red has a clear coat and doesn't matter how much you detail it it won't bring it back if it's faded.
Respray is the answer. It's not like vauxhalls flame red which is base coat and polishes up like new with a few hits of compound.

W 70M C

Advanced Member
Most modern day Hondas...and other cars will have a clear coat.

Yes rascal69 im aware it has a clear coat....and you can bring the colour back!!! Thats why i am asking for car ;)

rascal69

Advanced Member
If the sun has damaged the pigment in paint which is under a clear coat the only way to bring the car back is to wet sand the clear coat off and polish it back.
You can improve the appearance of the paint but can't fix damaged paint under the clear coat. everyone knows the true way of fixing Milano fade is repaint. If you know otherwise please share am interested to know as I am a detailer.

W 70M C

Advanced Member
You cant 'fix' it....to truely remove the 'problem' of defective paint pigments then yes, you would need to have a bare metal respray. You can make the car look very good and return it to a great depth of shine without having to wet sand the surface....

Majority of oxidization is a reaction to the suns rays and it can occur in the colour and or the clear coat, whicch can be removed with products that contan paint cleaners and/or mild abriasives.

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
My car had a respray..... for exactly this reason.
Join the club mate :rolleyes: but at least we both have brand new paintwork :D

I was always under the impression that milano red was a lost cause once it starts to fade etc

Will be keeping an eye on this thread in the future, could be interesting info in it

rascal69

Advanced Member
As he said it can't be fixed and that is what I was getting at. No cure apart from Respray.
Ie if it has faded to pinky it won't polish to good old red again.
But with machine polishing etc the appearance will be greatly improved. Same with every car though. Bring out more depth and deep shine but there is only so much that can be done by polishing. Won't be as good as a Respray and depends on how bad the paint is to start with.

gibby85

Advanced Member
If it has turned pink it's a lost cause. No polish will bring it back, all it will do is just make it a shinier pink. ;-)

gibby85

Advanced Member
Ask Coldfuse. He will tell you.

Mine hasn't reached that point yet! Still a shiny Milano Red :)

tomparka91

My old EP was Milano and I bought it salvage, it spent a lot of time on the racks and the roof was completely pink, my body shop guy mopped it with some abrasive polish and it came up a treat, lots of cleans later still really shiny and definitely red. So maybe there is some hope to resurrect colour to an extent!?

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Well mine is perfect after 3 weeks work last summer.

Its just that you have to keep it that way, keep it well waxed aswell.

gibby85

Advanced Member
My old EP was Milano and I bought it salvage, it spent a lot of time on the racks and the roof was completely pink, my body shop guy mopped it with some abrasive polish and it came up a treat, lots of cleans later still really shiny and definitely red. So maybe there is some hope to resurrect colour to an extent!?
To an extent but it's not the same. If you have the money a re-spray is my option but if you can get decent results and your happy, happy days!

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
To an extent but it's not the same. If you have the money a re-spray is my option but if you can get decent results and your happy, happy days!
Finally washed my car on sunday, can't believe how much brown water came off it! need to have another go over it this weekend i think tho, give the wheels a proper go over!

gibby85

Advanced Member
Finally washed my car on sunday, can't believe how much brown water came off it! need to have another go over it this weekend i think tho, give the wheels a proper go over!
Mines is in the body shop as we speak. Getting a good buff and polish at Pro-Trim. Driving the wifes CTR, it is FILTHY!

mario_v

Advanced Member
im interested, as mentioned above, i only thought the way back from fade was mentioned above, but if someone can prove us wrong id be very interested!!