cam pulleys

EK9turbo

C&S Evo7 said:
You are still an unknown to us hence the word " possible" ;)

you certainly seem to know what you are talking about reading your posts since my original comment and it will be great to get another decent mapper in the UK, peoples choice has been limited in the past

top post above by the way. :xcheers:
Not an unknown to everyone on here!

So how can I address potential uncertainty? ....100% moneyback guarentee with all my Kpro tuning! of course.

One other thing that comes from my experience, if you pay for a pre-dyno inspection (£30 on DC5s) I perform a series of pre-tuning tests and inspections and if im satisfied with the apparent health then I do not make the client sign a dyno-disclaimer. You also get a printout with this information on the health of your engine. If there is a dubious history with the car that would raise concerns on the health then I will request a disclaimer to be signed but that is the exception.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
EK9turbo said:
if you pay for a pre-dyno inspection (£30 on DC5s) I perform a series of pre-tuning tests and inspections and if im satisfied with the apparent health then I do not make the client sign a dyno-disclaimer.
That's a hell of a guarantee :shock:
I assume the £30 covers some sort of insurance :?:

I assume you've got no woes with using the S300? What's the smallest wheels which can run on your dyno?

EK9turbo

No the £30 covers my time. I've total confidence in my work. Otherwise I wouldnt leave myself open to liability like that!

I dont have product/service insurance, only public liability and motor serv policy covering customers cars upto £36k fully comp. This is total modifications road risks policy. this also covers race cars from theft but not road use of course. It also covers ANY modifications inc cages etc unlike most traders/trade serv policies where you'll find you aren‘t actually covered on modifed cars!!! ...so you can rest assured your vehicle is covered in that sense.

For UK EP3's or B series the pre-dyno inspection is £60 (as these don‘t have a built in wideband) and also involves wiring modifications and temp installation of a wideband (or permanent if one is purchased). The wiring is critical to consistent ecu operation and avoiding ground loop issues or varying ground offsets. Often overlooked by most tuners. Especially when wiring a WB into the ECU supply which puts a current pump on there and CAN on some cars exceed the current limit (determined by the wire cross sectional area on the supply) to the ecu which would risk electrical fires if it wasnt for the fused supply! I've seen this many times before and advise customers against it. Its very rare for the ECU wiring to be suitable for another potential 10A draw.

In tuning I ALWAYS use two wideband lambda sensors. the inbuilt on k series or and installed one on most other cars along with a MOTEC PLM which is arguably the best on the market.

S300 whats that then? :-k .....just kidding.

I've tuned more S300's than I can remember, I normally keep 5+ S300 CB‘s in stock and I‘m the only person in the UK that sockets the JDM surface mount ECUs and offers 1years warranty on the socketing and prep. This is contactless electronic work, I have the best equipment for this type of task and only the best consumables.
I have OBD1 test rigs for testing the socketing and ecu itself after. I normally have a couple of Hondata‘s with built-in adaptor harnesses in-stock at all times but also keep all the adaptor harnesses in too.
I put a customers M4 next to the S300's for size comparison. The extra two leads come at a premium. These are additional analogue inputs that hondata do not enable on the adaptor header or the relevant circuit modifications to make then read correct. No-one else offeres these little extras that can be very handy, for example if you use your s300 in your race or track car and want to datalog oil pressure and temp 0-5v signals directly into the ecu. I can then set this up with hondata's video overlay function so the clients can put the data directly onto their in car race footage to see where they were braking/accelerating, vtec, ect, iat etc , basically any sensor on the harness. The surface mount stuff is pretty small to deal with but easy with experience and the right equipment. (contactless).
JDM virgin P30 with knock control circuitry (not available on regular S300‘s)

A surfacemount semiconductor, showing size

And close-up

Special de-soldering gun, part of my rework station

An S300J board, can you spot the Kiwi? ....thats because Hondata comes from NZ not USA!

With clear but tinted perspex cover I have cut for these, waiting for the owner to peel off the film.

Bench test rig/engine simulator

Yes I keep a few in stock!...certainly get through a lot of them!

Yes it‘s a hell of a good guarantee, but of course there is some simple common sense terms and conditions applicable.
I have 4x and 5x stud hub adaptors. One of my clients had his own set made up for his customers race-car but they keep them and it‘s for just a big single nut. What do you have in mind?

EK9turbo

VT-Doo said:
10" wheels :lol:
...as long as the PCD is not less than about 90mm it'll be fine. on some minis I've tuned in the past I've just had to remove the brake caliper but thats not needed on a dyno without any inertia anyway :)

ab20000

Advanced Member
EK9turbo, some great well explained points there mate, great work.

I don't think many people think the piston itself has a CR though, just say it to make the point and save time. Fair point though for those that don't though.
:xcheers: