CAMBER ADJUSTERS SEIZED

markie

Advanced Member
Had my car in to wallace on friday to get the allignment,camber done to find out my n/s rear adjuster is seized they have only been on the car ayear next month,they adjusted the o/s one to match the other side so it is running with 1degree over the fast road set up,what a difference it has made feels like it is on rails now.i had it set up at another place locally and i was never happy with it after i got it back and i was charged about three times the price i was at wallace.

Gunn79

Advanced Member
I think the adjusters should be 'treated' with copper grease prior to installation to help prevent siezing - Sounds like your set up works well 8)

markie

Advanced Member
Yes i had them covered in coppa slip before i fitted them but i had a look at them yesterday and noticed that there are two threaded holes for the bracket for the abs,so one of the holes were left exposed to water to get inside the adjuster rod,i will put in bolts in the holes that are not used.

markie

Advanced Member
bought them from tgm cant remember the make, they are painted black .they are not the alloy ones

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Get some heat into them. I've got SPC ones, they must have been on the car since 2005, they seized once, and after some heat treatment they came undone.

markie

Advanced Member
cheers i think that is the same kind that i have chris im going to take them off on friday and heat them and grease the living shit out of them and get it back into get set up again.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Nothing less then a blue flame will do as you will need to get it piping hot for the metal to expand. I sprayed WD40 in like crazy, not sure if it helped, but I liked the smell :lol:

JT3173

Advanced Member
Mine are SPC and the NS/R has seized too when I was doing my camber, I will get it all done whan I am back in the UK soon but I will remember the heat trick :)

markie

Advanced Member
removed my n/s/r adjuster on friday and i thought i would try it without heat and hey presto it wasnt even seized. the last person who tightend it must have arms like arnie,so i stripped it anyway and gave it a good coating of copper grease,got it set up again on monday.