Camber question.

Kenz

Advanced Member
Hi all, was just wondering if there's any way I can get more front camber on my car. The front camber bolts are pretty much maxed out on -1.5. Currently on spoon springs with a Frsu, is there anyway of doing it without going down the coilover route?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Use 2 bolts in each strut

So just searching and came across this, I am looking to fit my B16's in the next few weeks and was wondering about what setting to have for my geo etc and came across this, has anyone done this and does it work and allow you to run more camber as shown?

Thanks

Carl

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
Hi, my car is set this way, i habe meisters with top camber adjustment but having camber bolts also allows for more if required

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Fez

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
So just searching and came across this, I am looking to fit my B16's in the next few weeks and was wondering about what setting to have for my geo etc and came across this, has anyone done this and does it work and allow you to run more camber as shown?

Thanks

Carl
I tried this a while back, but didnt gain any more camber.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Oh ok mate thanks

So does anyone know what can be had on a DC5 with adjustable camber arms and bolts and b16‘s?

berg

Im pretty sure these aftermarket camber bolts only allow just over 1.5 degree adjustment

Depends what you use the car for i guess, if you want a proper alignment for track use then ideally you'd want more camber than that

I had mine redone by Area last summer for track use and with the increased caster and 2.8 degree camber up front it transformed the car massively, especially on turn in

Do the B16 use OEM top mounts? if so im sure there will be some adjustable camber top mounts you could buy to go on them, Maybe the Area Motorsport top mounts may even fit them

Rears youll be fine with any aftermarket camber arms as theres plenty of adjustment on most of them

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Berg said:
Im pretty sure these aftermarket camber bolts only allow just over 1.5 degree adjustment

Depends what you use the car for i guess, if you want a proper alignment for track use then ideally you'd want more camber than that

I had mine redone by Area last summer for track use and with the increased caster and 2.8 degree camber up front it transformed the car massively, especially on turn in

Do the B16 use OEM top mounts? if so im sure there will be some adjustable camber top mounts you could buy to go on them, Maybe the Area Motorsport top mounts may even fit them

Rears youll be fine with any aftermarket camber arms as theres plenty of adjustment on most of them
Hi mate yeah the bilsteins use oem topmonts, area didn‘t reply when I contacted them about using others so a mates offered me some Nitron ones that were custom made for his track car but I need to be cautious about how much I throw at this setup as I‘ve got a setup (from an Asia touring car lined up) but if I fit and use that I‘ll not be able to really use the car on the road tbh as the spring rates are bad.

The suspension is ast (Aragosta) so same league as has and Nitron and its over 4k‘s worth so seeing what I can do on the b16‘s until these are available for me to buy and fit

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Hi mate yeah the bilsteins use oem topmonts, area didn‘t reply when I contacted them about using others so a mates offered me some Nitron ones that were custom made for his track car but I need to be cautious about how much I throw at this setup as I‘ve got a setup (from an Asia touring car lined up) but if I fit and use that I‘ll not be able to really use the car on the road tbh as the spring rates are bad.

The suspension is ast (Aragosta) so same league as has and Nitron and its over 4k‘s worth so seeing what I can do on the b16‘s until these are available for me to buy and fit
That argosta stuff is top quality, my friend had them on his nsx, looked a crazy peice peice of kit

carl hammond

Advanced Member
bxlyheathsupra said:
That argosta stuff is top quality, my friend had them on his nsx, looked a crazy peice peice of kit

They are great mate I just need to decide what to do as hey are really not fit for any form of road use and so will buy them if the car goes the full hog so to speak.

Now trying to decide whether to fit the b16‘s or sell them and buy something else

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Hi Fez,

So adding the two bolts did not result in additional camber for you? Just trying to decide whether to order another set of bolts or not

Kenz

Advanced Member
I have -2.2 front camber on mine with spoon springs and eibach camber bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk