Cams and cam gears

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Hi

I'm after a set of cams with cam gears attached for my K20a engine. I only need to BORROW these just to see if mine are worn. I cannot remove mine and send them away as I need the car everyday. I have asked TGM but Tom is away until Wednesday and will be busy.

I will pay postage of course.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Adam

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
who is going to fit them adam? its not straightforward at all to do, unless you have the right tool to compress the valve springs its impossible at home

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I'm only removing the cams. Not valves or springs. I have had the whole system out before but couldn't measure anything as I don't have the tools to do so.

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
I may have some of these but I won't be able to tell you for about 10 days (going to le mans and no free time :( ), if you still need some then give me a shout

Matt

eXceed

Resident Driver
blueguy said:
What did Wayne do with his cams when he got the IPS's Adam?
I'd love to help but sold them to some Civic owner!

Make sure you mark everything up if you're taking the cams out, would be a nightmare if the cams are out of phase following removal (although sounds like you've done it before??)

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Saint Matt said:
I may have some of these but I won't be able to tell you for about 10 days (going to le mans and no free time :( ), if you still need some then give me a shout

Matt
Cheers Matt. I can wait but obviously want to get this done ASAP. Will see what Tom says at TGM.

I've asked Wayne before and he said that he had sold them. 😔 Cheers for the heads up Justin.

I have taken them out before so should be ok. Have memorised the workshop manual!! Lol

paul hughes

Might be barking up the wrong tree here buddy,
I have never seen a set of DC5 cams worn so much as to make a significant power difference, save your self a lot of hassle...