Camskill - no winter tires?!

eXceed

Resident Driver
Went to Camskill to try and order some snow tires and I find that they don't have any winter sizes between 225-235 at any profile size.
Anyone suggest any other websites with winter tires for sale. Has everyone bought them all already?

EDIT - seems like their entire range is out. Am I too late? :lol:

sinbad

Advanced Member
snow tyre demand was up 400% compared to this time last year. I'm not surprised theres hardly any about. Manufacturers have upp'd there quota and still run out.

eXceed

Resident Driver
Argh, im not sure what to do... If I buy a set it just means I'll have a very boring christmas lool, but as it is the Teg is pretty undriveable (as in 10-20mph - if that!)

sinbad

Advanced Member
i read a few news articles saying that insurance companies were upping premiums if you have snow/winter tyres fitted, best double check first.

eXceed

Resident Driver
sinbad said:
i read a few news articles saying that insurance companies were upping premiums if you have snow/winter tyres fitted, best double check first.
Are you kidding? So you mean it would cost more on my insurance if I told them I have UPGRADED to a safer, more reliable tire??

sinbad

Advanced Member
eXceed said:
sinbad said:
Are you kidding? So you mean it would cost more on my insurance if I told them I have UPGRADED to a safer, more reliable tire??

Seems so, shocking isnt it?!

Maybe ping Sky insurance on here and see what they say about it?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
if you stick with oem size, then surely they cant increase the premium, if you fit another size then it could be classed as a modification away from factory standard.

I have been speaking to camskill this week about some problems with some tyres i ordered they rekoned they were shifting 700 per day at the moment.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
i got my 4 winters tyre just in the middle of october so i guess im pretty lucky, only cost me 92quid a corner. Probably my best buy this year for my car.

Of course now im running into the problem of i can go anywhere cos i have grip but not enough ground clearance. :xlol: :xlol:

TimB

Advanced Member
just got a set for my Prelude in 16", but you'll really struggle now as all stock in regular sizes has ran out and the prices have gone crazy. Have you tried the autosocks? They are much cheaper and will get you out of the worse conditions?