can any one justify mintex pads over oem ?

shaf

Right its time for new pads and discs, been looking at the mintex and Ferodo but can anyone justify the cost over oem is there that much of a difference?

Can u actually feel the better bite compared to OEM?

Views please as the cost of mintex over oems is almost 3 times

VT-Doo

RushDoo
As far as I am aware my brakes are all OEM. They are amazing!

My CR-X has the Rover big brake conversion with Mintex C-Tech M1144 pads with EBC drilled & grooved discs (282mm). On the CR-X these pads are quite simply astounding! The difference over standard Mintex pads was huge.

You‘ve got to ask yourself, what will the car be getting used for? How much are the two pads in question; including part numbers? What do you use the car for?

black teg

shaf said:
Right its time for new pads and discs, been looking at the mintex and Ferodo but can anyone justify the cost over oem is there that much of a difference?

Can u actually feel the better bite compared to OEM?

Views please as the cost of mintex over oems is almost 3 times
if it's just road use then OEM pads and discs are fine even with 270bhp :lol: , but i would definitely recommend braided brake lines and uprated brake fluid :) it firms up the brake pedal nicely

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Uprated brake lines made f-all difference to me. 1144s made my brakes feel and perform a hell of a lot better than the frankly poor OEM pads. If you want "good enough", get OEM, if you want something with real feel and stopping power, get aftermarket. Whether 1144s are worth the extra over DS2500s I don't know, I've only ever used 1144s since my DC2 days (OEM were on the DC5 when I bought it, thought the brakes were rubbish compared to the DC2 until I fitted 1144s again).

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
where do you get your 1144's from? might try and get myself a set soon as im doing some upgrading.

Rob84

Advanced Member
I cant vouch for the mintex pads but I can for the Dixcel Type Z pad when used with their slotted rotor. I went to these from new stock pads and used disks and the difference was night and day! One of the best upgrades I've done on my car imo, coupled with the RE-070 tyres :D