Can anyone help with this noise??

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Same occasions with mine, but also happens while reversing out of my drive since I have to slip the clutch a bit to reverse onto the main road.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
ive got this noise on mine and so has my mates NHB dc5 it seems to be coming from the flexi pipe as the loads taken up by the clutch, nothing to worry about! it seems to go away once the cars warmed up :)

licky

Re: Gratefull if you could let me know

swank1982 said:
I had a mechanic listen today and he seems to think it could be the thrust bearing in the clutch, he asked before I took it there if the noise sounded like a fog horn and I suppose it does, just not as loud obviously!

Would be grateful if you could let me know how your visit to TGM goes though cos this sounds expensive.

Checked the manifold heatshield and that looks ok, it doesn't make this noise when the car is stationary and revved.
Hi my teg does exactly that i have driven and owned loads of cars that have had the same noise and it came down to uneven wear on the flywheel.
Causes sitting in crawling traffic with your foot on the clutch causing the flywheel to get hot in the same way you can wharp your hot brakes with your foot on the pedal.

Solutions
1)take your car out of gear every time you stop,
2) use the hand brake its cheaper to replace than a clutch.
3) If it isnt broken dont fix it ,if it is the clutch and flywheelare making the noise its already warped save up and just replace both when your clutch starts slipping you dont want to be paying labour charges twice for taking your gearbox off.

ricco121

Right dunno if this is going to any help but i had a slight ratting noise on my car it would occur when slightly reving it up or if i was driving with my foot off the gas and the revs decreasing. it dun my head in, sounds like an exhaust heat shield but sounds as if it is coming from the bottom end area. it could also sound like a thrush bearing. had car jacked up on the drive got under it while some1 help the revs at about 2000-2500 rpm (untill you can clearly hear it). touched random components, found the drive shaft heat shield on the o/s was rattling. I simply added extra washers between the heat shield and the bolts, tighten up and the noise was gone. might be of some help to some of you