Can someone clarify - fuel filter??

rik_dc5

Hi all, I'm just getting round to servicing - however, I'm confused by the fuel filter.

There seems to be ones for sale (in-line) on websites etc but read on here etc that its an in-tank version, sort of strainer type.

Do they run both or is it just the in-tank one??

Many thanks for any help - didn't want to order one if it wouldn't fit.

Cheers Rik

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
both

17516-S5A-930 - Fuel filter (fuel pump department)
16010-S5A-932 - Fuel filter (main filter)

rik_dc5

17516-S5A-930 - Fuel filter (fuel pump department)
16010-S5A-932 - Fuel filter (main filter)
I have seen this in the parts list, where is the main filter located on the DC5 then?

I believe that number is for the EP3 Civic, please correct me if I am wrong.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
just had a quick search and there is only1 filter located inside the fuel tank

the other filter at the rear left wheel is actually charcoal canister.

( 16010-S5A-932 ) STRAINER SET, FUEL
( 16015-S5A-930 ) REGULATOR ASSY.

rik_dc5

just had a quick search and there is only1 filter located inside the fuel tank

the other filter at the rear left wheel is actually charcoal canister.

( 16010-S5A-932 ) STRAINER SET, FUEL
( 16015-S5A-930 ) REGULATOR ASSY.
That sounds like what I've been reading too, I take it this part is a Honda only item??

So all the peole advertising DC5 fuel filters, such as this http://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-oem-honda-fuel-filter-integra-type-r-dc5-k20a-3155/ are wrong??

Very confusing :xconfused:

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
The correct fuel filter sits inside the tank and is a two piece assembly made from white plastic.
Websites might use a generic image so it's worth checking if for example that Tegiwa is correct or not.
Quite sure I got mine from Honda anyway, atleast you know it is correct.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I had mine checked my TDi 6 months ago and it looked brand new still after over 150k miles and over 10yrs of use.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
There is only one filter , it is in the tank.

The part tegiwa are advertising is the carbon canister, not a fuel filter. ( the giveaway is the hose fittings , hi pressure fuel hose will not connect using a straight plain tube like that, it would be banjo fittings or something similar to stop the leaks , it would also not be that size bore ( carbon canister is something like 17mm hose)
I will let them know it is incorrect.

rik_dc5

Thanks for the info guys, with that in mind then my car has covered 88k ish miles and runs sweet - would you change the fuel filter?

In my eyes the carbon canister is not something you'd normally change - I am correct in assuming this?

Appreciate all the clarifications, no point changing bits which don't need doing xthumbup

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
if you use cheap supermarket/side street private station fuel then maybe. I always use Vpower.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Nice one gibby85 for finding that. I used this guide but found that there were a few steps missing. Just to make things easier for yourself. So I have posted up my own version on the 'how too' section.

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/28337-how-to-replace-the-fuel-filter/page__fromsearch__1

TimB

Advanced Member
and it's the same as the EP3, mine was replaced in july as the filter had collapsed, so no fuel pressure