CAN THE ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT BE TURNED OFF ?

steff109

JUST FITTED A DC SPORTS MANIFOLD AND OF COURSE THE MANAGEMENT LIGHT HAS COME ON CAN THE LIGHT BE TURNED OFF BY ANY OTHER MEANS AS THERE IS NO BULB (LOOKED :) ) DONT WANT TO DO THE KNOCK LINK SENSOR THING AS SO EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT IT DOES

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Hmm thats strange I have been running the spoon manifold and the engine light hasnt come on once.

fonz600

Advanced Member
Doesn't normally do that mate as I have a Toda with no probs. Usually only CTR's do it

benny

Advanced Member
mines on too, has no cat, when i got the car it wasnt on, then it came on, then went off, now its on all the time? its been playing the hokey kokey and got stuck, advice on turning it off would be good, unless my engine is fu*ked?

fonz600

Advanced Member
Try pulling the Engine Management fuse out for a couple of mins and put back in to reset the ECU then try that.
Can't remember which number fuse it is again but I'm sure if u do a search on the forum it'll have been mentioned b4.

Jayk

Advanced Member
mine hasnt come on with my toda either.

i wouldnt worry about it. unless to take it to a garage who can plug into the obd2 i think and they should be able to clear it. however it may come back on.

you can get an o2simulator worked on the vx220's which used a stack.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
What is the "Knock link sensor thing "?

an 02 sim is about £50, try resetting ecu, have you put both lambda sensors back in the right way around?

mikegsi

Staff member
check your lambda sensors, it is unusual for a dc5 itr light to come on for this, are you sure its not something else thats causing the problem, try running the diagnostic check and count the flashes, check it against the codes and see what the cause is, i dont have the link to hand but im sure if you do a search you; find it!

ally_mac

Advanced Member
could possible be one of your sensors is dead. I have a DC Sports manifold and the light never came on for 4-5months. Its on all the time now but that cause one off the sensors is dead. I think Dave Johnston quoted abot £230+ or something 4the sensor, but dont quote me on that as i cant remember

steff109

is there a way of disconnecting the light from the circuit board at back of clocks has anyone doen this

Rob CTR

Advanced Member
beware that when i had a dc sports manifold fitted on my old CTR - a wire that was rigged up to the O2 sensor came loose..

Luckily it did get sorted under warranty (silly honda) but they couldnt work out for ages why the engine manifold light was constantly coming on...