Can you take the front bumper off without jacking it up?

p1tse

Advanced Member
So my driver main beam has gone, so my understanding is that the front bumper is required to come off to change bulbs/ ballast etc

But can it be done without jacking the car up?

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Yes easily mate, I usually just put something protective on the floor just to be safe as can snag a little on releasing from the mounts

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
I took mine off today to mesh the ducts and yes I did use a jack but it can be done without. Had the bumper off recently to fit the rad too.

Its just easier to see and reach all the bolts especially if lowered.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
You will need a stubby screwdriver to remove screws underneath, a rachet to undo two bolts easier (or spanner) and a flat head screwdriver for prising the clips off aswell,....have you removed it before Patch? Will be easier to see what your doing. The front of your car isn't exactly high. Lol but yes it's possible without jacking it up.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Never taken off and a muppet with tools when it comes to it, but seen a guide and may try myself whilst it's tucked away in the garage when the kids asleep lol

Hunch is ballast has gone as Adam said could see the light try to flicker when initially turning on

I have the hid bulbs you recommended at 5000k
But think I'll pick up a spare ballast just in case whilst it's apart

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah certainly wouldn't be a bad idea mate :) you'll be fine, take your time and youll be amazed at what you can take apart on these cars. We all started somewhere :)

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
The bulb can be replaced in situ... But it is very fiddly and best attempted with small hands haha.
For the sake of getting scratched up and contorting your hand it's probably better with the bumper off and light out.