Cant get quote for previous DC5 owner

AlanS

Advanced Member
Hi

Recently i've been looking into buying another DC5 after i've sold mine July last year which i've owned for 2 years.

I'm 28 driving for 11yrs with 6yrs NCB, WA5 postcode no conviction, 1 fault claim last year. Unfortunately i can't get a quote.

Tried SKY who i'm with when i had the DC5, Chris Knotts both said they wont cover anyone who had a fault cliam within the last 12 monthns.

Adrian Flux, Green light, said their underwriter wont cover my area WA postcode, its a good area TBH.

just waiting for A plan and Keith Michaels to get back to me now.

Any other company that i can try?

Can't believe it, feels like i'm a 18 year old trying to get insured on a DC5!!!! :xangry:

alan-lee

Advanced Member
A fault claim?

Being nosey really but what does that mean?

Any of the usual companies really? Try gocompare etc?

AlanS

Advanced Member
alan-lee said:
A fault claim?

Being nosey really but what does that mean?

Any of the usual companies really? Try gocompare etc?
i had an accident which was my fault.

AlanS

Advanced Member
Tried Greenlight unfortunately their underwriter wont quote on my area, which the houses arent exactly cheap.

jcdc5

Advanced Member
Try will insurance they are a insurance brooker

0208 525. 8008 ask to speak to tommy ( he is the owner )
Say you are James Chau friend

He willmgive you really goods rates as he is a family friend of mine

I am 21 on a Honda dc5 in south east London I'm only paying £1500 which is a really good rate !

mo-jordan

jcdc5 said:

I am 21 on a Honda dc5 in south east London I'm only paying £1500 which is a really good rate !
What company is that with though?

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
jcdc5 said:

I dunno how much SE London affects premiums, but £1,500 is not a really good rate IMO. I pay £1,080 and I live in Newcastle which according to the online insurance checker is listed as the highest postcode, and I was 21 when I got the quote.

Zani

Advanced Member
AlanS... a little bit off topic, but how nice the area you live in is irrelevant in relation to your insurance premium. These days they are based on injury claims. I too was refused insurance by Greenlight exactly for this reason.
- They say you are more likely to have an accident close to home and so the rate of injury claims in your area has a dramatic influence on your premium.

AlanS

Advanced Member
I've managed to get a quote from Keith Micheals and APlan, both quotes are actually cheaper than what i was paying when i had a Teg. :xhappy: